Okuma Endurance Reel 60 And 13Ft Pflueger Surf Fod Question

Csaba

Hello all,

Question 1) A local store has an Okuma Endurance Baitfeeder 60 reel for sale for $30. It was a return so it is used, has been repaired because the reverse switch broke (or something like that) I just need to know if this is worth it as I am looking for a larger reel to put on my 13ft Pflueger surf rod.

Question 2) 10 or 13ft surf rod? If I can get a 13ft Pfluegerf or under 50 is it worth it although being 13ft?

muchos gracias! :1yikes:

Edited by Big_Muskellunge

Hello all,

Question 1) A local store has an Okuma Endurance Baitfeeder 60 reel for sale for $30. It was a return so it is used, has been repaired because the reverse switch broke (or something like that) I just need to know if this is worth it as I am looking for a larger reel to put on my 13ft Pflueger surf rod.

Question 2) 10 or 13ft surf rod? If I can get a 13ft Pfluegerf or under 50 is it worth it although being 13ft?

muchos gracias! :1yikes:

Not every one likes okuma reels. most of my reels are OKUMA and Im hapy with them that includes an overhead I found washed up on the beach one day, quick service & it was fine until the spool cracked wich was fixed by OKUMA under there "lifetime warranty" they replaced it with an alloy spool so there was no more problems. Ive been using 2 okuma kings "egg beaters" for over 12 years now and they still work fine.

so YEP bait feeder for $30 if you dont buy it tell me where it is I will have it!

as for Pflueger never had one and never heard anything on them but the shops ar realy pushing & trying to get me to buy them. that worries me.

Not bad, you're pretty much getting it half price ( the reel that is). A 6000 series seems quite small for a 13 foot rod, but it really depends what you're using it for. If it's for the beach and rocks, 13 foot is a good size. I'm using a 12 foot and 11 foot for the stones and I get adequate clearance from the rocks. At times I wished I had a 13 foot (fishing off port kembla). Just keep in mind that a 13 foot isn't the most practical rod, it's mainly used for just for beach and rocks. I couldn't imagine myself lugging it around wharves or jetties. Also if your the type to hold your rod, prepared to get tired of carrying it. A 10 foot rod would be ur best bet for an allrounder rod. Good enough for the surf, you can get away with it at some rock platforms and can lug around to ur wharf or jetty.

IMHO I'm not a fan of the pflueger surf rods. They make top notch breaming gear, but I was contimplating on getting the contender surf rod a while ago, but I opted for the uglystik gold. The contender just seemed and felt like a rebranded Jarvis walker

Just my 2 cents worth