Port Hacking

Yowie

Fished the deep off Lilli Pilli this morning. Pulled out a just legal kingie, 3 reddies just over the size with one at 41 cm, and a lot of throwbacks just under the size, 3 bream to 34cm, a just legal jew that went back in, and a 40cm tailor. Baits were yellowtail and squid strips fished on the bottom. The kingie was gut hooked, did not go for any big runs and felt like a big reddie at first.

Fished the flats along the main channel with a soft plastic, can't remember the name but it looked like a 3 inch mullet, and pulled out 2 flatties about 40 and 48cm. Both were released. Had a couple of other hits that didn't connect, felt like bream.

I store my boat at my mother's place in Gunnamatta Bay. After I cleaned the fish, I threw the bones in to the shallow water and 2 dozen or so bream raced in for a feed. Some looked about 35cm long, so there are plenty of bream about at the moment.

Yowie.

well done mate especially on the reds!! havnt got one over 33cm inside port yet great mixed bag u got there kingy as well :thumbup: still deciding to go out this weeknd for a fish to target some bream will be mayhem

Great catch there Yowie, how good is the hacking.

Cheers Mike

When I landed the tailor, he spat out 2 large pieces of a decent sized garfish, don't know how he managed to keep them in his stomach, and then swallow a decent sized piece of yellowtail fillet. Shortly after that, I pulled out a reddie with a very fresh piece of garfish bill sticking out of his mouth, so he may have been feeding on the scraps under the tailor. Might be a few garfish floating about as well.

Fishing the hacking for 5 years now and have never seen this many bream and they're very good size too

Good work On the kingie.. :thumbup:

I've fished the hacking for over 50 years, and there are still fish to be caught. One thing I remember as a kid was watching a tuna 4 to 5 feet long jumping not far out from the Yowie Bay wharf, hoping that I would catch it. In reality, I would have been water skiing down the bay had it taken my line.