Spinning Off The Stones

brendan t

g'day all went for a spin at wybung head on tuesday and wednesday arrived about 2pm to find we had the ledge all to our selves second cast of a 65 gram metal, hooked up to my first mac tuna 35cm next thing we know tripple hookup of macs and bonito after releasing the fish it was back into it a short time later it was on again tripple hookup this time frigget macs ranging between 25 30cm this continued untill about4:30 then the fish dissapeared so we started fishing the bottom using frigget mac cubes as bait. fish were biting but they were only shouvel nose sharks we caught 5 all male witch i found interesting no females we were going to hit the sack when bang my rod nearly slipped through the fingers after a little fight up comes a 47cm taylor not a bad first day.after a shocking nights sleep on the pool ball like stones we were up at the sparrows fart eager to see what would come of day 2. it was slow at first then it was the same as the day before numerous tripple hookups of bonnys,macs,friggets and the odd taylor and salmon after catching over 40 fish 7 different species fishing for 16 hours and putting our backs through hell it was time to make our way up the cliffs and head home what an amazing trip. sorry but i have no photos next time i wont forget the camera batteries.

Hey mate, You should of put the frigates out live who knows what was out their!!

i tried that through one out on my 15kg texalium but the little bugger keept going under the rock and eventually got snagged then i spent 10 mins trying to break 120lb leader that was fun :mad3: