Landbased Flick

gday raiders,

had a plastic flick yesterday with mate josh.started around moorebank[i think] at a spot we never fished before on the other side of the boatramp,not far from flower power.the walk in was a bit wet & scarey,tall grass & reed higher than our heads.thank god it wasnt hot & the snakes werent around.we wernt sure if there was any fishible bank along there as the bankside vegetation was soo thick.we found a 50m strecth of bank that we could fish.first few cast resulted in chopper tailor.the bait was thick as we were fishing next to a little feeder creek & mangroves.on that bank,we proceeded to land half dozen flattys from about 35-40cms.i also pulled the hooks on a reasonable suspected bream or ep.it tore a foot of drag & then the hooks pulled.josh also dropped a mid 30's bream whilst lifting it from the water.once the tide picked up a bit of pace,the bait moved on with the current & it got a bit quiet.we left there after 90mins.on the walk back to the car,there was a couple walking their dogs,4 big dogs & not on leashes.josh got a bit worried & decided to try a little beach whilst they past.josh landed another 40cm flatty on his first cast & after 5 more casts each the dogs had past & the coast was clear.

from there we drove down to deepwater park.the current was truely pumping through there & it was hard goin.we had to switch to heavier jigheads which in turn resulted in alot more snags than we were happy with.from where we parked the car,we worked the bank for a km or so till we were under the m5 bridge.we were silently hoping to hit a patch of soapy jew or eps.instead i got 2 more flattys of similar size to the others casting up current & working my plastics back with the flow.josh got 1 fishing along side the pylons.

by that stage,11am,we were loosing motivation due to the lack in action.plus its harder for us landbased lure tossers to fish effectively in such a fast flowing water so we called it a day.not the most action filled session & no big fish caught but as always it just great to be out there having a flick.we suspect that at the spot at moorebank,if the bait hangs around the area for a bit,it might produce a jew or 2 on livebaits or bigger plastics or blades.we'l be back there to give it a solid go.

on the way home we stopped by the local tackle store & got reliable reports that a haul of 20 school jew to 50cms were landed around my local waters which is great to hear.the only bad thing is that it was on a boat so its gona be a bit harder for me & josh being on land but our enthousiasm is high & we are that bit more motivated now after hearing that.we'l be out there during the week a few arvos trying to find em as theres no fishing for me today

as iv got a wedding to attend.

sorry for the long post again raiders,

cheers johnny. :beersmile::thumbup:

P.S.hope everyone enjoys their anzac day.LEST WE FORGET.