Great Day On Botany Bay

quinny490

We headed out for a fish at about 7am. We anchored near trevally alley. First cast and we were on to a solid 34cm bream. 8 more quality bream were caught throughout the day, the largest being 37cm. We then decided to go for a drift just outside towra on softies and landed a nice 64cm jewfish. We finished a great day with a squid. Its good to see that the bay is back in action!

post-11847-127227203307_thumb.gif

post-11847-127227204353_thumb.gif

Yeah the bay has been preety good lately :1clap: . Yesterday I caught a 55cm salmon, and 3 just legal bream. I also had a massive jewie but just as i was getting it into the net it got unhooked, but :05: .

Edited by Kosta1

Its amazing when the bay was fished by pro's all you caught was rays lizards and pufferfish and now its got everything.

Best thing they ever did getting rid of those pro's.

Nice jew and a good feed of bream aswell. :1fishing1:

awsome guys , were you using bait or lures?

and kosta where you get your fish?

cheers and keep up the great fishing.

cam.

I got the salmon at molineaux point and the breams of the third runway. The tide was running preety quick and choppy, perfect weather for kingies, salmon and jewies :1fishing1: . Where u out on sunday?

G'day Footballfisher,

You were near trevally alley but didn't get any trevally.

Were you berlying or were you too far from the wharf to attract the trevally around the structure?

The tide was falling in the morning - so I guess you were on the western side of the oil wharf.

Can I ask what depth you were in?