Mookerawa

Moro Mou

Hello Raiders,

After an early start to attend the dawn service on Sunday by early afternoon i was feeling a little tired. However when a mate called to see if i wanted to go for a fish for some reason i was wide awake.

We put the boat in at Mookerawa (near Stuart Town NSW) and commenced a trolling session in very pleasant albeit a little cool conditions. We were trolling jackal style lures in dark colours close to the timber. Action was not exactly hard and fast however my mate managed to use his local knowledge and boat 3 nice yellas to my nil. The other guys we were fishing with (they were in a different boat) managed 6 yellas and a small redfin.

All in all a nice way to spend the afternoon.

Cheers

Sorry pic now added

post-8087-127243294582_thumb.jpg

Beaut feed of yellas mate :thumbup:

Hodgey

Hodgey i can confirm that they were very tasty and not muddy at all. As a side comment I reckon yellas around the 2 - 3 lb mark are the best to keep for the table and anything outside this range i usually release.

Hodgey i can confirm that they were very tasty and not muddy at all. As a side comment I reckon yellas around the 2 - 3 lb mark are the best to keep for the table and anything outside this range i usually release.

Ah, brilliant minds think alike :biggrin2: Agree 100% mate. Anything over 3lb gets photographed and returned to water. Were you trolling tn60's or 70's? Keep the freshwater reports coming mate :thumbup:

Ah, brilliant minds think alike :biggrin2: Agree 100% mate. Anything over 3lb gets photographed and returned to water. Were you trolling tn60's or 70's? Keep the freshwater reports coming mate :thumbup:

Re Jackal's to be honest i don't know what we used. They were not mine and it was the first time i had used them as i normally use bibbed lures or spinnerbaits. My mate caught his on a dark green colour while the other blokes caught all of theirs on black. The only other bit of i think useful info is the other guys were trolling with the electric and had alot more hits than us trolling with the outboard. For freshwater, well cod and yellas, i think the slowest possible troll speed is the best. I am sure though you would be all over that tip.

Off to NZ next week on the hunt for monster kings . . . . so no more freshwater expeditions for a while.