Channel Markers

Norto

illegal to tie to markers bouys dredges etc.. i see a lot of people do it n i usually give them the heads up before they get done as waterways/coast gaurd and water police are constantly around!

illegal to tie to markers bouys dredges etc.. i see a lot of people do it n i usually give them the heads up before they get done as waterways/coast gaurd and water police are constantly around!

No worries thanks DGF but now I am confused the first reply I got said yes so which is it. The markers I am talking about are the channel markers on wooden poles.The one in particular is between Lemon Tree passage and Fenningham Island caravan park.

Norto.

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:31 PM

Can anyone tell me if it is illegal to tie up to Channel Markers? Have not fished saltwater in a boat that much so just wondering.

Regards,

Norto

Floating_Medic

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:40 PM

Yes.

Yes. It is illegal.

I am certian that is what Floating_Medic meant.

CHeeRS

Antun

Also be aware that the term "channel" doesn't mean a straight line between two markers. If the channel bends then you cannot be in the deeper water even if it is between and well to the side of a chanel marker. I did and was asked to move, despite there being plenty of empty water for craft moving between the markers to travel.

Guest Aussie007
Thought it was fellas thanks for the replies just have to drift past them i supoose.

some very smart bloke invented a anchor :P u cant anchor in the main channel however u can anchor on the side in between two red or two green markers (of most places) this puts you on either side of the main channel

Thanks Gazza,

Yeah mate I have anchored before but not in this spot as I was not sure of the different rules and I wanted to be as close to this particular channel marker as possible.