6 Month Drought Over!

nickm469

hey raiders long time no post. after half a year of runs, spat hooks, diving under wharves, going round pylons, spoolings and hundreds of other incidents,jewie number 8 finally makes its appearance :yahoo: . good bye curse. caught at kissing point wharf on the last hour of the run out tide with a fresh yellowtail fillet. just switched over to braided line and DAMN! this stuff is good. Jews seem to be around atm in the system, lost one every outting which is a good thing? Not to mention seeing close to a dozen other jew being pulled up in front of my face in the last 2 weeks around the same size as the one caught. anyone know if this by any chance, is the peak season for these elusive creatures?post-11578-127261441561_thumb.jpg

Good Stuff there mate!!!

As far as I know they are around all year round and peak around april/may you just have to be at the right place at the right time and of course right bait.

I know all too well about this took me almost 6 months to get one too but considering you have caught 8 of them seems to me that you just needed a little luck keep them coming and keep persisting and the results will follow!!!!

Regards,

Nathan

good onya nick,congrats on breaking the drought.nice schoolie.autunm is a great time of yr to target them iv been told by a few oldies.around our local,i know people that target them on live baits at night & get some nice fish to 15kgs.& iv also got a couple & pulled hooks this autunm fishing our local.well done bro,keep it up.gota meet up for a fish soon.been keen to hit the beaches to chase these stinky silver slabs.

cheers johnny. :beersmile::thumbup:

hey raiders long time no post. after half a year of runs, spat hooks, diving under wharves, going round pylons, spoolings and hundreds of other incidents,jewie number 8 finally makes its appearance :yahoo: . good bye curse. caught at kissing point wharf on the last hour of the run out tide with a fresh yellowtail fillet. just switched over to braided line and DAMN! this stuff is good. Jews seem to be around atm in the system, lost one every outting which is a good thing? Not to mention seeing close to a dozen other jew being pulled up in front of my face in the last 2 weeks around the same size as the one caught. anyone know if this by any chance, is the peak season for these elusive creatures?post-11578-127261441561_thumb.jpg

Hey Nick, I think i saw you at Canley Vale tackle shop a few weeks ago.