Opinions Needed Liveaboard

adzzy

Hi all

My old man is buying a houseboat to live on in the hawkesbury it is not completed and needs a fitout which is easy enough. he does not want a mooring he just wants to anker, my question is what are peoples thoughts and experiance on this matter is it tough going living aboard, what are the pros and cons and what recommendations would you have for the essiantials and fitout

Cheers

Adzzy

If he is not going to be on a marina, power and backup power would be my biggest concern.

Inverters, generators and solar panels would all have their place on a long term live a board.

Greg

If he is not going to be on a marina, power and backup power would be my biggest concern.

Inverters, generators and solar panels would all have their place on a long term live a board.

Greg

Fresh water supply...........Toilet dumping

KF

first i would get 3 good outboards 2 for the hboat and one for the tinny then my 2nd thing ide get is abloody good anchor + backup anchor cause when the wind gets up that houseboat will become like a kite if you know what i mean.salintry waste tank next then what gregl said,then what ever makes you comfortable.hope that helps,i would try and talk your dad into atleast getting a moring as you could never sleep that well when it gets that little bit windy cheers dunc333

i have had cruisers on the Hawkesbury for many years and i agree with the wind remarks. His anchor will slip when it is blowing 30 plus knots and it will!

What if he uses 2 or 3 anchores and is tucked away out of the wind what are his chances like then? and surly there are plenty of unused swing moorings around the hawkesbury he could use from time to time

My question is, are you allowed to live aboard a boat up there. I know there are some restrictions re Sydney Harbour. May want to check with Maritime just in case.

Tuffy.

My question is, are you allowed to live aboard a boat up there. I know there are some restrictions re Sydney Harbour. May want to check with Maritime just in case.

Tuffy.

im prety shore u can moor in one spot for 28 days.there,s plenty of public moorings in smiths creek which has plenty of spots out of the wind.