Samson Fish

AndrewNR

G'day all. Last week I went out to colours. When I got there with a bunch of yakkas on tne tank, I saw something on the bottom on the sounder. Thought it may be some small snapper so I dropped a livie and started to set up a paternosta. Then bang within in a minute I was on to a Samson. I was 50cm. Then dropped another and then the same thing except this one went 64cm. After another hour there was nothing. I ate one and it was real nice. So now I want to find some more but these fish are not what you would call one I am familiar with. It was about 9 am in the morning to. If anyone could give me some info that would be great. Such as if they are seasonal (are only around certain times of year) come in the harbourat all and what ever u can add. They fight well also. That day was a good one too as we were cleaning the fish anchored up at Clarke island and caught a flattie 76cm. It was the biggest one I have seen and took some photos on my phone and let it go after some high fives. Would post pic but sadly don't know how to get it from my phone to this page. Cheers Andrew