First Boats!

Floating_Medic

Hi guys, i was digging around in my photobucket album and found some pics of my first ever boat so i thought i would share.

She was a Swiftcraft Kingfisher 14 or so foot half cabin, with a little 25hp on the back. I picked her up for the pricely sum of $3000. I thouroghly enjoyed her when i had her and i had many good days on her.

The little motor never missed a beat, and would start on half a key turn. Would get 3 blokes on the plane within about 3-5 seconds and get to about 35kp/h at top revs.

Here she is.

boat4.jpg

boat2.jpg

boat1.jpg

Cheers, Alan.

P.s, i saw her a few months after i sold her on the Georges the day i was testing my new boats new motor. And the newer owner had done a very good job sprucing her up.

PPS, if that new owner is a member here id love to see how she is going these days, or if you recognise the boat, let me know!!

I like you invested sensibly in my first boat a few years ago. Throughout it has reminded me of my younger years with cars, pooring money into her to make things "better", even though it wasn't neccesary!!!

This thread seems a bit quiet ..... i'll bump it along.

First boat our family got when I was a toddler:

1 - 12 foot red Monark runabout with a 25-28hp Mariner.

2 - 12 foot red Sea-Al runabout with a 28hp Suzuki.

3 - 4.3m NovaProject V146 half cabin with 40hp Mariner which we later upgraded to a brand new 65 Suzuki

We sold that as Dad had a operation and didnt think he would fully recover from. Good news is that he did recover and we started boating again a couple of years later:

4 - 15 foot orange imported fibreglass runabout thing with a 40hp Yamaha

5 - 5m Quintrex FishFinder centre console with twin 40hp Yamahas

6 - 506 Cruise Craft Regal Half cabin with a 120hp Evinrude

Dad reckons hes too old for boating now, so I've had to buy my own boat which is a:

7 - Allison 189 Fisherman with 115hp Merc and is my current rig

cheers

Rod