Harbour And The Cooks

Good evening all,

Well firstly, I decided to hit the harbour in the yak this morning. A little bit of preparation for the abt G.F next weekend. Conditions were perfect although a little chilly at first(so my feet were telling me). Within the first half an I had 2 bust ups. Fish 2 me 0. I moved around a fair bit throwing plastics at everything that looked fishy. It took at least an hour and a half before I landed my first breambo 31cm. I wasn't too sure what to think. Was it my lure presentation? Was the jig head too big? Was I using the wrong choice of lure? Or were the fish not there? Mind you there were plague proportions of chopper tailor.

Anyway I persisted a little a longer until I couldn't handle the lack of action any further. I changed over from a plastic to a blade. Results were almost immediate, but it wasn't the target species. In quick succession I landed a couple of flatties and a whiting and things went quiet again.

So I decided to change back over to plastic except this time reduced the jig head size. Wow, what a difference this made. It wasn't long before I had a few more breambos on board, all around the 30 cm mark.

post-8603-127340562385_thumb.jpgpost-8603-127340567284_thumb.jpg

Unfortunatley it all started to happen a little to late and it was time to head home in preparation for mother's day lunch with the fam.

During the week I decided to buy another yak so that my wife could head out with me on my adventures. So we went down to the cooks this arvo for a little paddle. We had heaps of fun. I managed to sneak a rod on board my yak and I got a couple of small bream. I'm hoping to get the wifey into the fish on the next outing. One step at a time.

post-8603-127340584423_thumb.jpg

Regards

Luke

Well done on downsizing the jig head & getting back into the fish, Luke!! Shame about the 2 bustoffs!! Don't want that this weekend!!!! Alas, I fear it will happen to most of us tho!!

Congrats on the 2nd yak!! Your wife will love getting out with you & it will only be a matter of time before she starts fishing too!! Go for flatties for her first - most likely to hookup & land, I reckon!!

Hmm, the weather up here for the GF doesn't look good!! Biggish S/W winds are forecast (possible rain on Fri/prefish, too!!) :1badmood: Unfortunately, westerlies often make fishing the Breck Channel difficult as the water chops up something chronic! :ranting2: However, time will tell how good/bad it will be 7 we may have to use plan B!! Everyone will be in the same boat, so to speak!!

Just back from Byron Bay - Keith won his age group & being the oldest, still had 25% of the field finish behind him!! Awesome!!

See you Fri

Roberta