Jewhunt

prawn*

hay guys after a good kingfish season now well and truely over the kings till next year i decided to get back into targeting the elusive jew after struggling to gather squid for a few days i managed to get 1x decent squid with mike (fishbones)on friday arvo planned my trip via tides barometer had 3x hook ups one larger fish 10kg+ lost, landed 92cm jew and droped a soapie to grow to a decent size. well i'll be back out this weeknd to try land the bigger model that got away!

post-10665-127361510524_thumb.jpg

Good effort on the jew Mcfishn :thumbup: and full credit to Mike Fishbones for getting back into the jew fishing for a change..going on the number of fish around this year, I wouldn't be surprised if we see an invasion of school jewfish as from what I hear there are literally acres of bull mullet hovering around Sydney...I hope you both have plenty of old jars around for your jewel collection this year, well at least enough to last you until the end of winter :biggrin2:

By the way Mc fishn my friend and I finally managed to get hold of a couple of Fin Nor 950 offshore models and I must say I'm quite surprised at what a powerhouse of a reel these 950's are for the money.. If I had my way I'd buy more of these Fin Nors probably 750's but the way my back's been playing up lately, I suppose I had better get my act together and at least spool this one up for starters and just get out and do a session.....

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

cheers guys hopefully this weeknd i will have another decent jew gona try friday nght and sundy are looking ideal for this spot tide wise, just stocked up on 3x squid for bait man its been a struggle to get squid usually i land atleast 10x for a arvo and struggling to get 3

jewgaffer: haha u finally got your self a finnor they are a decent reel for price and i think they capable of landing a small beakie with right line ect, hope all is well with the back and isnt stoping u from having a fish!!

beginner: hay buddy next time u keen for a session in the port let me know im always keen to go for a fish!!

cheers guys hopefully this weeknd i will have another decent jew gona try friday nght and sundy are looking ideal for this spot tide wise, just stocked up on 3x squid for bait man its been a struggle to get squid usually i land atleast 10x for a arvo and struggling to get 3

jewgaffer: haha u finally got your self a finnor they are a decent reel for price and i think they capable of landing a small beakie with right line ect, hope all is well with the back and isnt stoping u from having a fish!!

beginner: hay buddy next time u keen for a session in the port let me know im always keen to go for a fish!!

Hey Still overseas for a week will contact you once I get back might go for a spin in the boat so you can show me around a little!!!!!

Regards,

Nathan

Nice work mate,

How'd he taste?

Cheers,

Adam.

i actually gave it to my mate as i felt sorry for him as my rod went of 3x times and his didnt get a hit, i only ever eat them upwards of 70cm+ seem to have much more flavour,and im not a huge fish eater they usually go to mates of family i only ever take 1 or 2 fillets :beersmile:

By the way Mcfishing have you had a chance to look at the 750 Fin Nors? I think I'll run this big 950 of mine straight out the back of the boat in between a Daiwa 600 overhead and a non casting Alvey and I'll probably run dead baits and use 9 footers on these three and use the 7 footers to cast live bait well out to the side of the boat.. These 950's are a helluva powerful reel and I think the 850 only have a smaller size spool on them .. I reckon the 750 Fin Nors would be big enough to use in estuarys anyway.. It seems Finn Nors are hard to come by at the moment and apparently the offshores sell out as soon as they hit the shelves...

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1: