Port Hacking

Yowie

Fished early near Lilli Pilli. One salmon at first, about 50cm, thought it was a nice tailor at first, but no, a bloody salmon so back it went. No tailor, only little reddies, no other decent hits. Some baits were disappearing quickly, maybe some small jackets.

Drifted the flats with a 3" minnow soft plastic for a 49cm flathead only. Pumped some nippers at Mainbar and drifted around there for 3 small whiting to 31cm, a 41cm flattie, and a long tom less than 50cm, which was returned. A few other long tom about, but no hookups, taking the nippers off the bottom over the flats.

Yowie.

Yowie,

I fished off yowie bay yesterday at about noon. The fish seems to be about. Ended up taking 8 bream, 6 between 30-35cm and 2 large trevally. They were biting hard on pillie pieces. Also got lucky enough to hook up a australian salmon, and like you, it went back into the drink.

It could be that last nights rain put the fish off. I hope it gets better for you mate.

Anthony

Yowie,

I fished off yowie bay yesterday at about noon. The fish seems to be about. Ended up taking 8 bream, 6 between 30-35cm and 2 large trevally. They were biting hard on pillie pieces. Also got lucky enough to hook up a australian salmon, and like you, it went back into the drink.

It could be that last nights rain put the fish off. I hope it gets better for you mate.

Anthony

That's a good catch for a weekend, usually too many boats for my liking.

I used pilchards, squid, salted trevally strips for not many bites. Found a couple of small garfish in the freezer, nothing looked at them at all. One of those days when nothing is interested. When I drifted about with the plastic minnow, I spooked a couple of flathead as I drifted over them.

I have eaten the smaller salmon around 2 to 3 pound. Cook up some rice, add bacon, chopped fried egg, peas, corn, etc, clean and gut the salmon, then stuff the rice mixture into the cavity and bake in the oven. For times when you don't catch anything else and feel like some fish.