Had A Nice Drenching In The Hacking This Arvo

Krispy !

Hey Raiders,

I just finished an hour long shower after stupidly going fishing in this weather :1badmood:. The end result is me ending up like a sponge and not being able to move for 2 hours. Basically as soon as i got there i regretted it :mad3: . It was pouring like a tap and i was rooted to the spot, i literally couldnt see more than 2 metres infront of me, one positive though, was i didn't need to fill my bucket :thumbup: . To cut a long cold and wet story short all i ended up catching were a bonito 41cms, and a trevally 32cms which is not bad considering the weather but i still would've preffered being warm and dry at home. Both the trevally and the bonito were caught on pilchard. I can't really judge the fight from both fish as i had no feeling at all in my arms. I also managed squeeze at least 10L of water from my jumper when i got home, my mum isn't happy :mad3: .

Cheers,

SL,

you truly are crazy. I went down to Akuna Bay this evening to check on the boat and it was 13 degrees and pouring. I got wet just running to the boat from the car. You must have been like a drowned rat. As they say Fishing is not a sport, it is a disease! Good to see you at least caught something for your troubles.

seriola lalandi were you hoping to repeat your success with the jewfish from the weekend? You are a brave man going out in the weather, though i would have done the same thing if i had the chance :biggrin2:

Nothing like fighting the elements!

Good to hear that those keen winter fishos that stick it out in the wet/wind/cold are rewarded by the fishing gods with a good catch for their troubles.

I had a successful, albeit wet and cold session at Lilli Pilli wharf last winter, perhaps rain gets them biting in the Hacking, might have to test out that theory again this winter.

Good on you for giving it a go - I have had this weekend booked in for a while now. Regardless fo the weather I know I will be fishing for sure

Sometimes you just have to give it a go no matter how insane it seems :thumbup:

gav

gday mate, good on you for getting out and having a go, you wont catch fish from the lounge chair! I persevered in the rain last night and got 2 jew, sometimes adverse conditions are the best times to fish even though it can be a bit uncomfortable, unlike you though I was in the boat with canopy up and tarps all round so the only time I had to deal with rain was when I got a bite or wound the lines in to check them - If I had known you were out there standing in the rain I would have thought of you while I sipped hot coffee in my dry cocoon!! :074:

At least you caught something anyway!

pete.