Getting Closer Quinny Vs Stacer

Narralakes

OK, I'm getting closer now. Just spent half a day up at the Central Coast at 2 dealers. Two options that look good and are in my budget.

1. Quintrex Widebody Hornet 400 unpainted, with a 30 Merc elec start, bilge pump, nav lights, trailer, safety gear, handrails (as this model dosnt come with them) front and back, rego for $8000

This only has a part floor and front casting deck (part only really as it comes off the front bench)

2. Stacer SF 400 Bass. Painterd Evo Hull/v bottom - anyone seen them? supposed to be very good. With 30 hp Johnson, safety gear trailer rego for $7999.

Get more with the Quintrex, size and hull are somewhat different, the Stacer has the new "EVO Hull" which is apparently the new version of the Millenium. If you take out the paint job for the Stacer and extras of the Quintrex, pretty much same deal.

BTW, there is a 6 week wait for the Quintrex, Stacer is about 1 - 2 weeks.

Would appreciate your thoughts again.

cheers

Narra

G'day Ken

I have been in your position where the boat I wanted was just out of reach and I really have one suggestion that will save u alot of heartache later. Be patient, save another couple of $K and get a 4m boat with decks and a 40 hp. It doesn't sound like much but I know of a few people that have gone with a 30 only to upgrade very quickly (and expensively). I think a poly 4.1 with a 40 would be about $9K on the road but I am sure Ben would have given you the low down so it must not be an option that you prefer. Also in the time you are saving a second hand boat may just pop up that fills void. don't go rushing into a boat and take your quotes to another dealer, the travel to dealers may seem a waste but it could save you money and u could get more options on your boat. Even ring around with your quotes once you have decided on a boat if travelling is not an option.

Thanks heaps Rick,

I may settle for the part deck and floor, as I can extend that later when more money comes around. I talked to Wakd (is that Ben?) from Yabbie yesterday and he was very helpful. Although the polys sound great, they are quite out of my budget. With a limited budget some comprimises having to be made, I know that is not ideal. Still, I have some time to think about it. I have also called a few dealers to compare and barter for the best price. Will let you know, and again, I appreciate your advice and any more thoughts will be gratefully received as well,

cheers

Ken

The Hornet will ride softer than the Bass. Neither of the motors are state of the art, unless you are getting the US Merc 30. If it's a 30 Lite, it's a Tohatsu painted black. The Johno is still a twin cylinder that's been around for donkeys. See if you can get a reasonable price on a Yammy 2st, not the CV model, the 3 cyl job. A Honda would also be a good choice but will probably blow your budget out. Good luck with your decision making mate.