The Itch Was Scratched!

GregL

G'day Raiders

Been along time since the last snapper run as the inshore current has been non existant and not really worth chasing on plastics. Today I couldn't bare it any longer and had to go for a run to see what's going on.

With beautiful conditions it was a fast run up. A little freaky as it was so glassy you were on the waves before you knew it as you couldn't make them out at any distance. We even had to do a test drift just to see if or where we would drift. We were plesantly surprised to find a nice 0.5kn south drift running so a quick reposition to the northern point of number 36(No36 spot on GPS unit :biggrin2: ) and out went the plastics.

On my second cast I had a nice wack just as I did first rip but buggered the take from a bloody tip wrap! :ranting2:

Next cast and just as I was finishing my count down of my Pogy I feel a slight tap tap. Wind in the slack and I can fell weight, I strike and the Beast Buster Toad thuds violently in hand with the tell tale sign of a decent red.

post-3563-12746951312_thumb.jpg

We got a few more pannies and a couple of missed fish over the next hour and a half just as the sun was sinking into the land. We had a quick stop in at our squid ground and scored a couple of big ones to round off dinner. Gee I love Sydney winter arvos!

Thanks guys, just no better way to spend a couple of hours on a nice afternoon.

Mike, no probs email me the dates.

Hey Gummy, nah not yet. To far to drive my boat up by sea but I'm trying to drum up a mate with one on a trailer to tow up.

I have only fished Coffs area once out of my little 435 Hornet I once had. Got a couple of pannies and my first snapper on plastics there. That was 7 or so years ago on a 6" sluggos casted into the washes. I was chasing salmon and tailor at the time and thought I just fluked them! It was like my first year fishing plastics only and really didn't know what I was doing... :biggrin2:

G

Nice reddie Greg thumbup.gif were you using that same coloured podgy?

Cheers Stewy

Yeah mate, go the Fire tiger! Good luck to those that are looking for some. I had to get some 400 packs brung in from the States on a special order. I had to bring in quantity or not get them at all and you know lure fishing and lure confidence.....

Roberta, those conditions yesterday were so calm we both had a few tip wraps to contend with after making violent jigging actions with the rod to get the lures to work. Would have been perfect interline rod conditions....

Hope so Hodgey, been tough paying the mooring fees of late. Mum's been even telling me to go fishing because her freezers empty!LOL

Greg