Blackfish In The Georges

Smitty

Hi all,

Thought it was about time to give the Georges a try for Blackfish again, so I headed down Lagarno way for a few hours on Saturday morning. It was a beautiful morning, a bit cool but very little boat traffic to disturb the serenity. Found plenty of Blackies in the river, quite a few smaller models but some nice fish amongst them also. Kept three for the table, one at 33 and two at 34cm, all fat health fish.

Heres a pic of the ones I kept.

post-1673-127474580794_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Smitty...

Hi all,

Thought it was about time to give the Georges a try for Blackfish again, so I headed down Lagarno way for a few hours on Saturday morning. It was a beautiful morning, a bit cool but very little boat traffic to disturb the serenity. Found plenty of Blackies in the river, quite a few smaller models but some nice fish amongst them also. Kept three for the table, one at 33 and two at 34cm, all fat health fish.

Heres a pic of the ones I kept.

post-1673-127474580794_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Smitty...

Good to see some size getting back in the river. You would have been fishing the runout so can I assume that it's a certain spot that misses the run that comes around the corner?

Rick

Nice Catch thumbup.gif

Over the years ive had quite good catches off blackfish in the Georges. Ive caught some huge fish and my bag limit many many times in the upper reaches and most off the good catches have been on freshwater weed.

The Georges fires during march/april then july to september is another good period.

Quite a number of blackfish at Picnic point also , Went last sunday must have hooked 40+ only 1 legal however :( Tried greenweed flys with no luck so switched to fresh greenweed

When are you at Lambeth park again Smitty woudl love to have a fish!

Steve

Good to see some size getting back in the river. You would have been fishing the runout so can I assume that it's a certain spot that misses the run that comes around the corner?

Rick

That sounds like the spot Rick....great little spot, just a bugger to have to carry sand in with you!!

Do you fish the Georges much? its much closer to home!

Smitty...

Quite a number of blackfish at Picnic point also , Went last sunday must have hooked 40+ only 1 legal however :( Tried greenweed flys with no luck so switched to fresh greenweed

When are you at Lambeth park again Smitty woudl love to have a fish!

Steve

I'll get back down to Lambeth before too long Azooma....maybe we can tee something up.

Cant wait til the rain clears up. Wanna head out there and try myself

the down pour of rain has put the Blackfish off in the upper reaches of the Georges. We gotta wait till the rain stops and give it a couple of weeks for the river to clear up before they bite again.

the rain should get the bream firing tho :thumbup:

Nice Catch Chris,Stewy told you were going down there and i should give you a call,But i had things to do at home, i would rather be down at the river with you catching fish.speak soon regards stephen

the down pour of rain has put the Blackfish off in the upper reaches of the Georges. We gotta wait till the rain stops and give it a couple of weeks for the river to clear up before they bite again.

the rain should get the bream firing tho :thumbup:

I shall call you when that happens :)