The Basin Is Full Of Fish

When pre fishing we caught quite a lot of bream but also plenty of bycatch and had a couple good feeds from the Basin. What a beautiful area and lovely waterway , I will be heading back down there again for sure .

post-10942-127476355667_thumb.jpg

post-10942-12747631548_thumb.jpg

Taylor where plentiful and there was some big ones amongst them .

JBjew Got in on the hot bream bite

post-10942-127476341632_thumb.jpg

post-10942-127476347495_thumb.jpgpost-10942-127476352982_thumb.jpg

post-10942-127476358655_thumb.jpgpost-10942-127476361973_thumb.jpg

What a place to catch a whiting , we caught heaps of quality fish there and they were some of the most solid whiting iv'e seen outside of Forster , not many small ones were caught they were all over 30 and some around the 40 mark .

Was a very enjoyable place to fish , plenty of flats points , an island surrounded by shallows , what more could you ask for . Had a ball and thanks JB for helping out on the prefish , really appreciated your help and enjoyed your company as always ,

Bubba

Nice fish mate , your not wrong bout those tailor ,there are some evil ones in the basin ,that like to eat your catch when your bringing it in & your lures too!

Great work I love fishing down there!

Its deffently true about the massive choppers down there, I have witnessed my uncle Neil land a tailor that was up in the 90's on 4lb gear!!! man i wouldnt like to get my fingers any where near the mouth thats for sure :biggrin2:

Great work again

Pete

Great work I love fishing down there!

Its deffently true about the massive choppers down there, I have witnessed my uncle Neil land a tailor that was up in the 90's on 4lb gear!!! man i wouldnt like to get my fingers any where near the mouth thats for sure :biggrin2:

Great work again

Pete

Yep 96cm the tailor went I saw the pic

Hodgey , im not sure about that rod , it's JBjews and that was it's maiden voyage . But i think your right it's a SOL and he just bought it brand new so i'd say so , I don't know the Daiwa rod range that well . It had a fairly slow action , it cast the heavy hardbodys quite well and the blades, I wouldn't want to cast softies with a 1\40th or 1\20 jighead on it though .

Bass catcher

Ive only made 3 trips to the basin but it has never been busy , except on the comp day and even then there were plenty of spots you could fish and even with all the boats moving around plenty of good fish were caught .

If i were you I would go down very soon as the fish are plentiful and the accomodation is cheap in winter .

96cm Tailor now thats a BEAST , I lost some very expensive lures in my 3 trips mainly to tailor , the buggers , good fun to catch though .

Poddy trapper ,

the Fireblood is a great reel , so smooth , lamiglass rod .

The Lamiglass rods are quite brittle , they snap like toothpicks , but in their defense they are the best bream rods I have ever laid my hands on . So sensative it's unbelievable. But it's a very expensive rod and is so because of the lack of resin in the blank , making them brittle but also super sensative if I had tons of money I would have a pile of them . The light Lamiglass rods 4 to 6lb i HAVE SNAPPED 3 IN 6 MONTHS, not fun , 2 on the cast and one a bumper against the sounder . The heavier 8lb to10lb and 10lb to 12lb have been awsome . While fishing I have never snapped another rod. Now I'm using 2 Sagaki's, a miller bream buster and G Loomis Dropshot rods[ and my 3 remaining heavier Lamiglass rods]

Cheers

Bubba