New Boat Dory/sea Jay/mako

jew chaser

yer hi guys looking for a new boat ,have a 10 hour 40 2 stroke mercury ready to roll so looking at hull only in the 435 or close to range(as mentioned in title). with prices varying alot for very similar hulls and was thinking of decking/fitting myself? but maybe just better to buy already done, just after a few opinions .. cheers phill

Jewchaser, I'm with Jewgaffer,definately go the Seajay 435. Compared to the Quinnie they have much higher sides at the transom. Seajay tends to keep the gunwhale parrallel to the chines all the way to the stern, whereas Quintrex in that size tend to taper down shallower at the rear of the vessel. My first was a Seajay 415 Magnum with 25 Jonno and you could hardly see the motor from the side. Current boat is a 455 Seajay/Honda 50 and the same thing. Check my avatar to get an idea. They are a well built boat from a very dedicated family company in Bundaberg and they are quite willing to talk to you over the phone if necessary, not run you through their "marketing dept" if you have questions.

435 with 40hp would be a very good combo.

If you decide to go with Seajay there are a number of options available, such as rear step, inside pockets etc and anchor well up on the bow.Check out their website and look at the Magnum range I think that's the one you probably are looking for.

Cheers, Tuffy.

I think jew chaser would be very impressed with the Sea Jay 435's Tuffy :thumbup: if he goes up a cog and goes for one of their wide bodied Magnums, either way he'll get a lot more boat for the money compared with the others, that's for sure.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

I think jew chaser would be very impressed with the Sea Jay 435's Tuffy :thumbup: if he goes up a cog and goes for one of their wide bodied Magnums, either way he'll get a lot more boat for the money compared with the others, that's for sure.

Cheers

You're right, Byron, that's what I found when I started looking about 6 years ago. You are not paying a premium for a Corporate name tag but still getting a well built tinny for the bucks. Pays to shop around.

Russ

Steer or tiller steer your motor?

If tiller, Cootacraft Little Ram, glass hull for ride quality and near 40kn performance! :yahoo:

I so want one of these! :biggrin2:

I love the versatility of a tiller steer in boats of this size.

Greg

Steer or tiller steer your motor?

If tiller, Cootacraft Little Ram, glass hull for ride quality and near 40kn performance! :yahoo:

.....I love the versatility of a tiller steer in boats of this size.

Greg

By the time you tweek it up Greg it'll tiller steer with accuracy from zero to a hundred and fifty in four seconds flat :1yikes: I'll bet by the time you warm it up it would just about wake up the dead all the way thru to Parramatta early on a Sunday morning :lol:

Cheers