Port Hacking

Yowie

Fished the deep off Lilli Pilli this morning, with a light westerly breeze. Pulled out 2 legal jews at 50 and 62cm, plus 3 just under the size. Also a bream at 35cm, and a flounder about 30cm. Plenty of reddies, but none over the size limit, and no tailor this morning, even with half a moon up.

Tried along the sandbanks with a soft plastic minnow for 2 flatties both at 44cm. Was getting a lot of hits on the plastic from longtoms, but no hookups, so I tried a strip of bait, which attracted them straight away. Pulled out a couple of them but they were not too big, so back they went.

Pumped a few nippers at Mainbar, and pulled out a slightly smaller flattie and 2 whiting. One whiting was just over 40cm, and took the bait in less than 1 foot of water.

Has anyone eaten longtoms, if so, what so they taste like?

Yowie.

Hey Yowie... your lucky to get out for a fish mate..... havent been out for 3 weeks now. Going out on sunday rain or shine. Out of interest what was the water temp in the river? Im wondering if after all the rain the water temp has dropped below 20 degrees in the river?.

Hey Yowie... your lucky to get out for a fish mate..... havent been out for 3 weeks now. Going out on sunday rain or shine. Out of interest what was the water temp in the river? Im wondering if after all the rain the water temp has dropped below 20 degrees in the river?.

surface temp last nght when i went out was about 16 inside the bay.. plenty of pickers after the rain, :1badmood:

Don't know what the temperature is, but it is starting to drop. Had a swim at Wanda Beach 2 weeks ago, and the temperature is slowly dropping. After today's rain, there should be a bit of colour in the water.

The large bream that I caught in Gunnamatta Bay a couple of weeks ago appear to have disappeared. Plenty of small to baby sized whiting about whilst I was pumping the nippers at Mainbar, but not many over the size limit.