Safe Boat Ramps In Georges River

Catchin Jack

Hi Raiders,

I'm thinking of going down to Georges River the night before the soft plastic and hardbody clinic day and doing an overnight fish in the river before the clinic day.

Does anyone know of a decent ramp where I can leave my car and trailer safely without it being broken into or trailer stolen etc.

I saw the National Park ramp near meeting place with a fee payable but can you leave car overnight there or do the gates get locked there as I was thinking of getting there around midnight.

Cheers,

Leo

Edited by Fezza

We usually park our car at Lansvale Boat Ramp, It is on Silver Water Crescent, just drive down the ramp on the left and you should see the car park. Never had any problems and there are lights there during the night and no gates, so you can come and go as you please. Pretty close to Mcdonalds as well if you ever wanna grab a feed on your way home.

Edited by steze

There is a ramp at the boatshead off Carinya Rd Picnic Point. If I recall correctly there is a ramp fee involved but how secure it is at night is another question.

Finding a location with good lighting would be an advantagage , trailer wheel clamps would be another idea to consider.

Geoff

There is a ramp at the boatshead off Carinya Rd Picnic Point. If I recall correctly there is a ramp fee involved but how secure it is at night is another question.

Finding a location with good lighting would be an advantagage , trailer wheel clamps would be another idea to consider.

Geoff

Thats the one id be using to mate, ramp fee is $5. It is we'll lit up of a night, ive parked my car there for all nighters before with no trouble plus its around a 2 minute run to where the social is being held at.

It also has a small jetty beside the ramp so you can keep your feet dry and warm on these chilly mornings.

Carinya Rd runs of Henry Lawson Drive, If your trying to find it

Thats the one id be using to mate, ramp fee is $5. It is we'll lit up of a night, ive parked my car there for all nighters before with no trouble plus its around a 2 minute run to where the social is being held at.

It also has a small jetty beside the ramp so you can keep your feet dry and warm on these chilly mornings.

Carinya Rd runs of Henry Lawson Drive, If your trying to find it

So how do you pay the fee at Carinya Rd ramp and does it get locked at night etc?

Cheers,

Leo

Geoff

Great ramp, its my 2nd home when im not at work but be warned... Ive TWICE had scumbags attempt to steal my trailer from there wen doing late night jew sessions back when i used to bait fish. Even with a trailer lock on the towball, scumbags undid the plug and split pin and tried to remove the entire towball attachment which feeds into the towing frame. Only because my car has a tight pin in the fitting and a sensitive car alarm which reacts to vibrations did they leave it alone. I figured being close to homes it would be safe but obviously not. So watch out mate

I also know of a bloke who got a boat and trailer knocked off WITH wheel clamp. What a sorry state of affairs...

Musty

So how do you pay the fee at Carinya Rd ramp and does it get locked at night etc?

Cheers,

Leo

The ramp is always opened, the owners of the boat shed are there all day from around 8ish in the morning.

If i miss them in the morning i just pop into the boat shed when i return and fix them up for the ramp fee, they are pretty easy going.

There is only room for around 5 car/trailers to park there, so id try get there nice and early.

No good to hear there are some thieves in the area!!!!