Chocolate Kings

PPSGT

Hi Raiders,

With the weather seeming o bad this morning, I got up at 6am to check the weather and rng my mate

to see if it was worth heading out.

When i rang him from bed, he was already at the ramp and was going regardless so I git tready and met him at Balmoral.

He has just bought the boat so no livebait tank or downrigger - we went offshore but it was uncomfortable not much wind, but

someof the swell coming in was 4+ metres. Headed back into the entrance to middle harbour to a regular spot and lots of leatherjackets

The water was brown as I've ever seen it, and told him it wasnt much hope for a king.

First pillie went down, 30 secs later I'm hooked up to a nice king who's making my Tierra 2500 make bad noises then reefed.

Next his outfit goes off and breaks his new rod holder, the rod is vertical at the back of the boat with the rodtip under the transom,

but the fish is heading under the boat so by sheer luck his new snapper rod is saved, but he got reefed.

Another bust up on the Tierra - on 6 month old squid pieces

2 more big reefings on my Saragossa 18000 jig rod

We then to pick up mate and went then went to Clifton for zip

Went back to MH and got a Watson leaping Bonito, Second drop a 60cm king a couple of failed hook ups.

I lent my mate my Saragossa to try and stump pull one of the bigger models from earlier in the morning.

A big piece of squid goes on and not long after hes hooked up to a solid king, not as big as earlier

but still 80cm his biggest and a nice fish for such brown a dirty water ( not 100% on the size buy it was well over 75cm

but the measurer he had onboard)

post-2971-127571491697_thumb.jpg

Look how brown the water is! Like Willy Wonkas Chocolate river

I am sure i sure Oompaloompas dancing on the river bank

There were also lots of trevally in the 25-30cm range and little snappers

I headed off home early and they were going back to give it another shot - so hopefully they will get another

Might hit the harbour again tomorrow if the weather report is still as "bad" as todays was - it was perfect

warm, not much wind and not a drop of rain

Jason

Edited by Burley King

Well done Jason :thumbup: I am always amazed at the good fishing in dirty water. After reading the weather prediction last night (ie rai all day Saturday) I decided not to go out today and instead promised to go shoping with the :wife:. As you could imagine I was very disappointed to awake this morning to find clear skies :ranting2:.

Great work mate.....I went for a quick flick of some SP's at Narrabeen lakes and the water was brown as. Couldn't hardly see 5cm through it.

I didn't realise the harbour was similar.

Nice kingy....good luck for tomorrow if you head back out.

Great king... Definatley cook up a treat... I am well overdue to get some king into me... It sounds like you had an awseome day with all the bust offs... hope my nxt day fishing will be as gd as yours...

Cheers SquidKing Combo

Hi Jason,

Yeah mate it was brown out there but it didnt seem to bother the kings. Well done.

They wouldnt take pillies where we found them but only live yakkas. Funny as in the past at this spot they have been taking floating pillies and wont touch the yakkas. Just goes to show you really gotta give them options for lunch.

Cheers

great fish. I am going to fish out wide of Lion Island tomorrow afternoon and then back into some more sheltered water on Tuesday night/Wed morning. Hope i do half as well as you.

Edited by harold