Iron Cove Plastics

jahajo

Got bored at home and haven't been out for a fish lately so decided to go for a flick..

Went to my favourite iron cove spot and got ready

Got my favourite plastic rigged on (80mm Wriggler)

A quick flick to check if my plastic was swiming correctly and i thought i was snagged, but then the snag started moving :wacko: Lifted up and hooked into a nice little flattie.

I walked a little further into a nice dropoff and bang was into a nice little bream, put up a good fight for his size

post-8730-127650007757_thumb.jpg

Had a few more casts then walked about 100m down and first flick, Felt a good tap, than bang! im on

After a nice little tussle up comes my first whiting from the area :yahoo:

post-8730-127650017237_thumb.jpg

Casted again in the same spot and hooked up again at the exact same spot, felt like a nice bream but up comes another larger whiting :biggrin2: Never realised they were in this waterway.

post-8730-12765002668_thumb.jpg

Got abit chilly so decided to call it a day even though i was only out for around 40 minutes :tease:

I am surprised you have not caught whiting before.They have grown up a lot in the last six years and you can look forward to many

more. I lived in the area for a number of years and caught many under size ones from the island and HALF moon BAY ON NIPPERS.

Since the netting has finished this area has really come good with a number of my friends catching good legal size bream, flathead

and whiting.Before the new bridge work had stated you could catch a good feed below the pool bobby corking (Five Dock) side.Nippers.

Good to see your having some luck. Its a great place to relax