Wash Down Deck Hose

Yarraone

i have seen a few around, and saw one on IFish this week.. It is a deck hose that pumps salt water, or fresh water from where ever you are fishing through a hand piece on a hose so that you can wash down your deck and boat..

Just wondering if anyone has one?

Are they worth it? i think they would be..

But, most of all .....

Where do I get one?

and what is the price range?

Is it just a bilge pump connected to a small hose?? Tghey seem to have a lot more pressure than that...

Marine shops sell the kits , they start around $200 for 15lt / minuite up to $350 for 19lt / minuite.

Whilst the volume is lower than a normal LBT pump (360 Rule pumps at 26lt / minuite) the pressure is a lot higher for DW pumps , 50 / 60psi. I use a 360 pump & find it more than adequate

Mine feeds off the water supply for the LBT & as such only requires a tap , "T" fitting , hose etc. All up , the cost would be less than $50 for the parts. It also provides water to the bait board if required.

"Is it worth it" Very handy for washing down the back of the boat during an outing to clean away any blood or bait splatter. Would not be without one

Geoff

Marine shops sell the kits , they start around $200 for 15lt / minuite up to $350 for 19lt / minuite.

...Whilst the volume is lower than a normal LBT pump (360 Rule pumps at 26lt / minuite) the pressure is a lot higher for DW pumps , 50 / 60psi. I use a 360 pump & find it more than adequate

....Mine feeds off the water supply for the LBT & as such only requires a tap , "T" fitting , hose etc. All up , the cost would be less than $50 for the parts. It also provides water to the bait board if required.

..."Is it worth it" Very handy for washing down the back of the boat during an outing to clean away any blood or bait splatter. Would not be without one

Geoff

Hi Yarraone I have a deck wash pump that Geoff installed in my boat a while back and, rather than having to use a cheap hardware suppliers garden hose and one of the ordinary hand trigger garden type nozzles, I decided to pay the extra dollars and buy the white heavy duty self coiling hose with the marine quality blue trigger nozzle set up that is specially designed for deck wash purposes and readily available in most good boating shops...

I use a water pick up that's used with live bait pumps and a three way tap which diverts the water flow thru a burley container that sits on one of the step up pods on the stern of my boat rather than having to cut out a section of the pod to fit one of the thru pod type burley containers..the pressure of the water flowing thru the burley distributes the burley on the turn of a tap and the force of the water flow pushes a continuous supply burley out into the water whereas burley would normally filter out slowly below the water line...

Ihe pump I use is 60psi/min and the force of the water distributes the burley above the water line and converts to a full on deck wash when the tap to the burley container hose is turned off i.e. the water going to the outlet hose which fits permanenty thru the top section of my burly container...I'm bringing the boat down to the social on Sunday and Geoff will be there with me so if you like we'll be able to show you my deck wash come waterfall set up ...

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Hi Yarraone I have a deck wash pump that Geoff installed in my boat a while back and, rather than having to use a cheap hardware suppliers garden hose and one of the ordinary hand trigger garden type nozzles, I decided to pay the extra dollars and buy the white heavy duty self coiling hose with the marine quality blue trigger nozzle set up that is specially designed for deck wash purposes and readily available in most good boating shops...

I use a water pick up that's used with live bait pumps and a three way tap which diverts the water flow thru a burley container that sits on one of the step up pods on the stern of my boat rather than having to cut out a section of the pod to fit one of the thru pod type burley containers..the pressure of the water flowing thru the burley distributes the burley on the turn of a tap and the force of the water flow pushes a continuous supply burley out into the water whereas burley would normally filter out slowly below the water line...

Ihe pump I use is 60psi/min and the force of the water distributes the burley above the water line and converts to a full on deck wash when the tap to the burley container hose is turned off i.e. the water going to the outlet hose which fits permanenty thru the top section of my burly container...I'm bringing the boat down to the social on Sunday and Geoff will be there with me so if you like we'll be able to show you my deck wash come waterfall set up ...

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Sounds great Jewgaffa.. i will be there and i will look out for you guys .. thanks