Surface Salmon Arriving?

tonyd

Went out tue and found some surface sippers we ended up with 5 for the morning.

They were very small schools and very timid. They were prob hammered over the whole long weekend.

Hopefully this means the action is going to start soon?

headed out for a fish on saturday from bayview out to the hawkesbury as i was comming back in around 4;30 in the arvo ran into a nice school of tailor in pittwater busting the surface casted metal slugs into the school for endless amounts of hook ups great fun cant wait for the salmon !

Had a quick session at avoca yesterday afternoon, the salmon schools came in close and there was lots of fun had by all. Pleanty of good fish there up to 70cm, lots of areal acrobatics. I tell you, after fighting 7 or 8 in a row my arms were buggerd. I was casting metal slices and for fun was skipping the lure across the water like a popper and It was awsome to see 3 or 4 fish fighting to get over each other to win the prize. The next few months should produce some fun filled sport sessions.

Cheers

Had a quick session at avoca yesterday afternoon, the salmon schools came in close and there was lots of fun had by all. Pleanty of good fish there up to 70cm, lots of areal acrobatics. I tell you, after fighting 7 or 8 in a row my arms were buggerd. I was casting metal slices and for fun was skipping the lure across the water like a popper and It was awsome to see 3 or 4 fish fighting to get over each other to win the prize. The next few months should produce some fun filled sport sessions.

Cheers

try working below the schools

good chance of a king :)

Cheers

Hi mate, where abouts at Avoca? I don't know the area that well but I am heading up for a boys weekend tomorrow.

Hi mate, where abouts at Avoca? I don't know the area that well but I am heading up for a boys weekend tomorrow.

Southern end rocks. However if you fish the beach, you should get a few there also. Good luck mate

Southern end rocks. However if you fish the beach, you should get a few there also. Good luck mate

Cool, thanks for that mate, I'll pack the beach rods. I am guessing early morning is the go? Also were you sight casting?

Cheers

Hey mate,

Were the fish feeding on the surface and busting up or were you blind casting?

Cheers,

Andrew

Cool, thanks for that mate, I'll pack the beach rods. I am guessing early morning is the go? Also were you sight casting?

I was actually squidding and I could see the schools moving down the rocks towards the beach. At first they were busting up but then they dropped a bit. At first I was sight casting.