First Trip Ever To The Peak

keithd6041

Hi All

Thanks to my good mate Adam and his 500 Quintrex and 90 Johnston I was fit to get a crack at the peak we headed out on monday morning havin a filck for a few squid in botnay bay and Adam says lets head for the peak so off we went. When we got out there I had some off my gear set up and Adam had to rig up his gear so down goes my jig hits the bottom and 5 pumps and strike :thumbup: not much weight few head shakes and up comes a baracutta 70cm so down goes the jig again and half way up and smack rod tip bent bit more weight little run and up comes a 65cm stripey. Now Adam has got set up and we both drop down

few more jigs and nothing so we head back for another drift I drop down loose all weight Jackets :ranting2: same thing happens to Adam so re rig few more drifts few more jigs and Adam gets 1more stripey 58cm and he gets 2 bontio so Adam is changeing his jig I drop down and bang rod bent over :yahoo: onto my biggest fish ever Hand on the reel tryin to lift it couldnt lift was so soar as only 2nd time ever jigging it starts to run get it stoped thanks to Adam and his experience get a few meters back on it and then it screams off and then snap :05: so pissed off lost all my braid as was down to my filler so that rod is out of action Adam says lets head back been a nice bloke and i said na stay and have few more jigs and ill put my octo jig onto my 20lb gear 300m off line. So Adam is pumping hard and gets few hits 2more stripes 65cm again he drops down again and he is bringing up his jig as we are gettin ready to head home and just as he gets it to the surface a stripey jumps outa the water after his jig I am winding my jig up at the same time this happens and smack little 2500rovex screams off few good runs and up comes another stripey so we have a few more jigs and head back all in all a very good 1st trip to the peak and couldnt off happened without Adam so BIG thanks to You for a cracker off a day and cant wait to get out again

post-14357-127666511242_thumb.jpg

Edited by lizard72

Well done mate, what is that long thing in the pic? I think I saw you guys out there on Monday, did you happen to loose a Pirteck challenge hat? I tried to get it for you but missed it.

looks like a baracutta

Yea its a baracutta

nice work great fun catching fish on jigs

but if you plan on eating any of those fish its best if you bleed them on capture

Eat one that was blead not bad eating the rest are for bait

good work and what is that thing in the water

Hey mate not sure what ya talkin about

Hey mate, we out jigging for kings a while back and caught a heap of Barracuda but found them to be very spikey and thought they were full of bones and no good to eat :thumbdown: .. Did you eat it? and if so was it any good?

Hey mate, we out jigging for kings a while back and caught a heap of Barracuda but found them to be very spikey and thought they were full of bones and no good to eat :thumbdown: .. Did you eat it? and if so was it any good?

just had a small bit with chilli and tomato pure to taste it ok wouldnt like a plate off it

• 2 weeks later...