Fishing Novices -- Still Looking For Guru's

FishDrought

A quick message from one of the two.

Dear Fishing Guru’s.

I am appealing to any kind hearted fisho’s who would be willing to share some of their knowledge with two dedicated, but not naturally talented novices.

We have been fishing for a while & are pretty familiar with the basics, but the holy grail of angling (catching decent fish of any kind on a regular basis) alludes us still.

We have had some brilliant catches, but they are few and far between, when the fish Gods take pity upon us & generally after many $$$$ have been spent on wasted fuel, bait & tackle.

Alas many fishing adventures find us with deflated egos, the butt of loved ones ridicule and an ever expanding vocabulary (blue in colour).

Please help us fish with pride….. no longer shall we return in shame with rods slung low.

Your name: FishDrought (Jason) & Elwood Blues (Dave)

Your Location: Croydon

Fishing technique: All, Jewies, Kings, Flatties, Taylor, Whiting, Bream, Bonnies, Salmon, Trevally,Yakkas, JD’s, flounder, Squid etc, etc

Availability: Generally Weekends but could probably arrange for a weekday too

Preferred location: Sydney/Middle Harbour, Botany/Georges, Pt Hacking, Hawkesbury/Pittwater

Provide your own gear? Yes

Provide your own boat? Yes – nothing special, 4.3 Tinnie gets us on the water & one day will be a fishing beast like Reggies..

All jokes aside, if anyone is interested in sharing their knowledge with us, then we would appreciate it and be attentive students. What we hope to achieve is a better understanding of the art of fishing & finessing what skills we already possess.

Look forward to any responses.

Thanks

Jason

Edited by FishDrought

Hey Framedtrash.

I can't get tomorrow off mate to join your group. (thanks for the information)

The boss is taking Friday off.. so lucky me will be at work!

Thanks again for the offer mate, if you have another trip organised in the future would jump at the chance.

I hope your group smashes the fish tomorrow matey, with reels screaming..

Jas

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jason

You mentioned "We have had some brilliant catches, but they are few and far between". So you haven't done that badly, after all.

You'll notice, from the many posts in these forums, that you are not the only fisho who often ends up with nothing worth bragging about! And if you assume, as I do, that people are FAR more inclined to post about their successful trips than about unsuccessful ones, the logical conclusion is that you are one of many who visit that fish shop on the way home!

I'm no expert, so I'd hesitate to suggest I could teach you anything, except ... learn from your brilliant catches. "Luck" is overrated. You must have been doing something right at the time, so be analytical about your fishing. The old saying that success breeds success is true for fishing, too. When you find something works, make a note of it, and think about how it was different from other occasions.

There's not a lot of spare room in the kayak, otherwise I'd offer to take you out :) I guess the offers of help will be a bit more frequent when the weather warms up a bit and more people return to the water. I hope so :)

Good luck!

G.