Re Wirng And Repairs Are In Progress

Yarraone

After a Terrible trip to the salt water on the June long weekend.. I have decided to do a few jobs on the boat while i am waiting for parts..

post-6381-12775419606_thumb.jpg

post-6381-127754197183_thumb.jpg

So, as most boats I guess the wiring is awfull.. well I proceeded to trace all the wiring, and found that about 25m of it was not even in use..? What was in use, no of it had fuses? :( And, all my gauges are either disconnected of not working?

So here is what I am going to do.....

1. Pull out all the gauges and replace the holes with ply and glass so that I have a new dash..

post-6381-127754198165_thumb.jpg

2. re do the wiring from front to back for all lights and radio, as well as main power supply and twin batteries.. So that it is tidy and neat and out of the way.. All with easy to get at fuses..

3. Move the feul tank to the front to see how it will ride.. The fumes and spillage will not be an issue as the filler and breather will be external at the front of the boat.

4.Re paint the floor and lay marine carpet

5. Install a deck wash at the back of boat

6. Install New LED Nav lights

REPAIRS:

1. Fix transducer

2. Fix solidnoide

3. Fix winch

Any suggestions with my repairs and modifications will be very helpfull..

I will keep you posted, with how things go and the finished photo's

Well all the wiring is done.. I cant believe how lazy some one must have been.. It looked like they just ran new wires for evrysingle thing, and when it was removed just cut the wires off.. well, all good now. I installed a new light, LED nav lights,fuse box,new wiring front to back, deul batteries,Battery test meter,Isolator battery switch and moved the radio.. :thumbup:

Now I have to just wait for some parts and do the solidnoide, mount the new external petrol filller and breather.. Then carpert and rod racks.... :thumbup:

hi yarraone,

sounds like you will keep yourself entertained for a few weekends :)i remember when i redid the wiring on my boat was fun and a long day of work!

im sure it will look good once completed.

cheers,

out n about.

Well all the wiring is done and only took mea day to do.. It was such a mess that i just ripped it all out and started from scatch, using one main power line to run all.. with fuses and breakes to keep them isolated of course..

Now ....YYEEE HHAAA the solidnoides have arrived and i am putting them in so apart from the carpet and tank I might be on the water again this weekend :thumbup: