The Entrance 25/4

ianoc69

Took an early AM run up the F3 and arrived 5.45am at The Entrance. Paid my respects after parking and moved down to the inlet to fish the last 3 or so hours of the run up tide and the 1st hour of the run out.

Confused as to whether it was a small High Tide but the inlet did not appear anywhere near the depth that it has in my previous visits ?

Chasing Lizards tried Ecogear 4" Shad (White) and Bass Minnow 4" Watermelon on a medium and heavy jighead but found it very quiet.

Has anyone fished the Central Coast area SHORE BASED (from Gosford to The Entrance) mainly chasing Bream & Lizards on SP's. I am familiar with The Entrance bit not too familiar with other Shore Based areas.

I try and get up there for a morning session at least 6 times a year.

Any help most appreciated.

G'day Ian

The Entrance has been a bit hit and miss lately but at least you were on the water.

I haven't been to The Entrance for a while but from what I hear the mouth is almost closed again on low tide.

When we fish there from the shore we usually get down on the flats under the bridge (on the southern side) and fish our way down to the mouth and back. Another spot that is worth a try is at the boat ramp at Pelican Point which is where the boat ramp is west of the bridge. Have pulled a few good fish there fishing the small channel that runs to the south.

G'day Ian

The Entrance has been a bit hit and miss lately but at least you were on the water.

I haven't been to The Entrance for a while but from what I hear the mouth is almost closed again on low tide.

When we fish there from the shore we usually get down on the flats under the bridge (on the southern side) and fish our way down to the mouth and back. Another spot that is worth a try is at the boat ramp at Pelican Point which is where the boat ramp is west of the bridge. Have pulled a few good fish there fishing the small channel that runs to the south.

44716[/snapback]

Cheers Jethro

Next time I am heading up I might PM you a few days ahead and we can meet up for a flick (pending your avail.)

Thanks for the response

I havent fished the entrance for ages now so couldnt really help you that way. But i have done alot of shore based flicking in brizzy waters round saratoga flats for some alright lizards mainly with renoskies. These days but mainly all my shore based flicking is in the goons which usually fire for some solid bream and hopefully soon ill have an exotic to my name. Ill take you out in the goons 1 day show you around if u wanted. In a cpl of wks im thinking of getting the tinney out in avoca goon if u want to go pm me or watever. :thumbup:

I havent fished the entrance for ages now so couldnt really help you that way. But i have done alot of shore based flicking in brizzy waters round saratoga flats for some alright lizards mainly with renoskies. These days but mainly all my shore based flicking is in the goons which usually fire for some solid bream and hopefully soon ill have an exotic to my name. Ill take you out in the goons 1 day show you around if u wanted. In a cpl of wks im thinking of getting the tinney out in avoca goon if u want to go pm me or watever. :thumbup:

44817[/snapback]

Thanks for the reply and offer

I am extremelly interested in getting out and if the tinny is available this would be a bonus

I will check my plans / movements in the coming couple of weeks and PM you when I could make it. We would then compare our availbilities and get together at a suitable time.

More than likely it will be a Sunday for me