Hard Body Lure Help

Ozfishen

G'day Raiders,

I'm new to using hard body lures and I have a few questions that maybe some of you guys could help answer.

I usually fish the harbour around the wreck, wedding cakes, sydney heads (border) and botany bay.

I'm looking at the TT switchblades and the ecogear sx40. Are these suitable lures to fish with in the harbour ?

What weight switchblade is best for the harbour/botany ?

Thank you,

Jake

What are you trying to catch mate ? Im guessing bream , as the sx40's are pretty small , they work pretty well but are hard to cast long distance . Have a look at the Kangoku shads , Damiki mu45 and Atomic shallow and deep running lures. These have a bit more weight and cast quite well . The blades are great in the harbour just be carefull around craggy areas. Colours with blades can make a difference , but they all seem to work. Brands I like are Damiki Vault's ,Strike Pro,Ecogear and TT

Tight lines ,

Bubba.

:au:

Bubba, I'm not really targeting a specific species of fish at the moment but bream and bass are my primary choice to catch !

I usually fish in 20-60ft of water, but do fish off wharfs, sand banks, freshwater rivers...

Edited by Jake

I wouldn't use sx 40's landbased unless you are sure you wont get snagged

Problem with this is bream hang around the snags and as said above cant cast em really far. it is also more off a shallow water lure

with blades they've been working for me landbased off wharfs in deeper on lots off fish but yet to get a legal bream

Hey Jake,

In the interests of your wallet... the blades are great but whilst you are learning and have yet to win Lotto, I would recommend you use them over soft bottom.. drop offs etc.

They really attract the fish .... and rocks and reef and pylons and mooring ropes and ..... you get the idea=

One of my mates even parked one in my face earlier in the year!

Best of luck and keep the casts accurate!

Cheers

Chris :1fishing1: