Mould On Life Jackets

FishDrought

Hi All,

Having a big clean out of the tinny this weekend & I noticed some of the lifejackets ( just the standard big blocky PFD's) There appears to be like a dirt residue which my mate informed me might be mould.

I am just wondering is there a preferred method to cleaning lifejackets without damaging them?

Obviously, I could just spray on some mould killer but not sure if that would bleach them or breakdown the material?

Is washing with soapy water an alternative??

Thanks in advance

Jason

Mate I purposefully leave one under the floor in my bildge it's nice and dark and wet , in the hope that one of my mates will forget his inflatable on comp day and have to wear my mouldy old yellow brick , with that stinky pungent smell :badair: for the whole day !!!!

But if you really do want to clean it I did clean a couple up out of my old boat and I used BAM , it was a mould killer version, I was worried about it wrecking the material so i put it on scrubed it for about 2 mins then hosed them off , they came up really well and didn't seem to have any obvious damage .

Maybe you could just clean one up for the mrs and leave the other one in case you have a mate onboard ? :biggrin2:

Bubba

Mate I purposefully leave one under the floor in my bildge it's nice and dark and wet , in the hope that one of my mates will forget his inflatable on comp day and have to wear my mouldy old yellow brick , with that stinky pungent smell :badair: for the whole day !!!!

But if you really do want to clean it I did clean a couple up out of my old boat and I used BAM , it was a mould killer version, I was worried about it wrecking the material so i put it on scrubed it for about 2 mins then hosed them off , they came up really well and didn't seem to have any obvious damage .

Maybe you could just clean one up for the mrs and leave the other one in case you have a mate onboard ? :biggrin2:

Bubba

Thanks Bubba I will give it a go.

Jas