Port Hacking

Yowie

Fished Yowie Bay this morning, very cold motoring against the westerly wind. Pulled out a 48cm tailor, just on a Kilo. He had 4 gentle hits at the pilchard, swim off for a few seconds, come back for another gentle tap, swim away again. Thought it was a small tailor until the hookup on the fourth bite, then he took off like a rocket. Also managed a 35cm trevally on a pilchard.

Moved up to Grays Point and pumped a few nippers. Had to pump in water over my knees as it was the last of the run up tide, the water is cold. Only one legal whiting, but it measured 44cm, so not complaining.

Yowie.

Hey yowie good work mate.... has the action on the water started to slow down mate?

Havent been out for a few weeks so hoping this saturday there will be a few fish around.

Edited by tumra

solid whiting :thumbup:

Where abouts in grays point do you get your nippers??

is it accessible landbased?

You can gain access from a road that is to the west of the Swallow Rock boat ramp. You have to be careful of the oysters in the area, some of the shells are in the sand.

Yowie that's a cracker whitingthumbup.gif

Did you get any pics and did you try any lures on the day?

No picture, just measured up and into the pan last night. Did not try any lures, only managed a dozen nippers because of the height of the water. The other whiting were undersize.

Hey yowie good work mate.... has the action on the water started to slow down mate?

Havent been out for a few weeks so hoping this saturday there will be a few fish around.

Starting to slow down. No yellowtail where I was fishing. I had salted yellowtail and squid, but that only attracted small reddies. Some of the pilchards were chewed off without the line moving, so maybe very small reddies or jackets. Appears there are a few trevally about, as I caught one and dropped another one.