Catera Drive Gear Needed

pappy

If you can get one, it will be from the distributors. Send an e-mail to Pure Fishing... info@purefishing.com.au

They are incredibly helpful and have an excellent service and parts department. Being an older model, I'm not sure of availablity... some brands, like ABU or PENN have parts available for reels that are 30 years old... others discontinue parts waaaay too regularly.

If the part is available, they're the best ones to sort you out. If they can't get them you can try Mike's Reel Repair in Canada. They're the guys who have schematics on line (although they don't have the catera). I checked their parts list and they do have it listed BUT getting parts from them can take months and months. Have a look here

By the way, if possible don't just get a drive gear... if ever you have to replace the drive or pinion gear in a reel you should do both together so you get a matched set and because when one of them is damaged, it will almost certainly have damaged the other.

Cheers, Slinky

If you can get one, it will be from the distributors. Send an e-mail to Pure Fishing... info@purefishing.com.au

They are incredibly helpful and have an excellent service and parts department. Being an older model, I'm not sure of availablity... some brands, like ABU or PENN have parts available for reels that are 30 years old... others discontinue parts waaaay too regularly.

If the part is available, they're the best ones to sort you out. If they can't get them you can try Mike's Reel Repair in Canada. They're the guys who have schematics on line (although they don't have the catera). I checked their parts list and they do have it listed BUT getting parts from them can take months and months. Have a look here

By the way, if possible don't just get a drive gear... if ever you have to replace the drive or pinion gear in a reel you should do both together so you get a matched set and because when one of them is damaged, it will almost certainly have damaged the other.

Cheers, Slinky

thanks for your reply slinky i will send purefishing a email and see how i go. cheers pappy

G'day Pappy 1,

Having just got back from a quick visit to see my mate at the Pure Fishing warehouse,i was going to suggest that if they have'nt got what you need in their huge range of spares,then you might have to look at a new reel.

But i see that everything has worked out in your favour,gotta be happy with that!

Cheers,

Bruce :beersmile:

G'day Pappy 1,

Having just got back from a quick visit to see my mate at the Pure Fishing warehouse,i was going to suggest that if they have'nt got what you need in their huge range of spares,then you might have to look at a new reel.

But i see that everything has worked out in your favour,gotta be happy with that!

Cheers,

Bruce :beersmile:

yep all good thay are top people to deal with .pappy