North Head

cut_loose

Went out for a fish yesterday to test out my new SOL. It is a beautiful reel and cant wait to get a good rod for it.

I was just flicking 4" Swimming Mullet and 5" Jerk Shads around fishing looking areas around North Head and Long Reef.

Got heeps of smelly Pike, Undersized Snapper and Flathead, 2 big Sergeant Bakers, And a nice Trevally. Bloody Leatherjackets showed up and just destroyed my plastics. Got one of them and left.

Good day out there. Let everything go besides the Leatherjacket, Trevally and some Pike for bait.

post-7089-127805575583_thumb.jpg

post-7089-127805589909_thumb.jpg

post-7089-127805591837_thumb.jpg

Looks like you had some fun there with the plastics. Good work.

I am with you guys on the Sol reels.....they are great! I have two of them, A 2500 and a 3000. My 2500 is on a Daiwa Tierra LMFS 7 foot two piece and the 3000 is on a 7 foot Sol rod. Both are awsome set ups. These reels have a fantastic drag system (apparently the same as the certate). I have pulled some monster fish on both these rigs.

Vince

Thanks guys.

Yeah the SOL is awesome. I'm going to buy another one soon. :)

Its a 3000 size reel Slinky. I was thinking of getting 15lb Sunline on it and matching it to a 3-6kg Trion.

How much are the SOL rods ? I might check them out.

Thanks again. :1fishing1:

Cheers

It is no secret that I am a huge fan of SOL rods and reels. :biggrin2: You will find the rods are competitively priced and are a delight to fish with all day. They have recently released their seriesII models, which includes a 1-3kg version that will find it's way into my rod holder shortly :biggrin2: The 2-4kg rod will fight well above its weight ;)

Cheers

Hodgey