Older Aluminium Half Cabins

boaties

Hey guys,

I'm looking at an older 18' cruisecraft aluminum halfcabin (not sure on year yet but I would say early 90's?). What're some things I should be looking for in terms of hull integrity/condition? Sorry, bit of a novice here.

Cheers

~ Nick

+2 to what the guys have said. Cruisecraft have never made alloy boats. It could be an old Quintrex Cruiseabout and that is where he is getting confused. As they say a picture is worth a 1000 words.

Cheers,

Huey.

+2 to what the guys have said. Cruisecraft have never made alloy boats. It could be an old Quintrex Cruiseabout and that is where he is getting confused. As they say a picture is worth a 1000 words.

Cheers,

Huey.

Been racking my brain trying to think of the quinnie that was more of a half cab as opposed to the cruiseabout which was more of a cuddy... was it the fishmaster? anyway i had an old fishabout and a cruiseabout (probably the favourite boat i have owned for where it got us at the time)... i would be looking for any welding that has been done that isnt from new... i had hassles with mine as once u start welding aluminium the crack just seems to keep growing so u get it welded and the same happens again....love seeing the old quinnies on the water and there is still quite a few around....good luck on the purchase ....paul

Been racking my brain trying to think of the quinnie that was more of a half cab as opposed to the cruiseabout which was more of a cuddy... was it the fishmaster?

There was:

5m FishMaster cuddy. Alloy hull with fibreglass cuddy (if you have seen some of the Malcolm Douglas films he used one of these a fair bit in the early 80's)

5m SeaRaider(?) half cabin. Alloy hull with fibreglass cabin. (these are very rare)

5m Fish Finder centre console. Alloy hull. (I used to own one of these with twin 40hp Yamahas. It was a lovely boat !)

5m CruiseAbout runabout. Alloy hull with fibreglass deck. (that Payatz owned)

cheers

Rod

Edited by fishingrod