My Project

dat111

well after getting back into fishing i decided to hunt down a boat and i found a bargin for 300,

its a 10ft fibreglass with a 5hp evinrude i neeed to find a box/boat trailer for it i need to sand it back and give it i nice coat of paint and replace the middle seat and a piece of plank on the transam.

what would be better, a box trailer or a boat trailer as i havent seen many 10ft trailers unless you know were i can get one?

what type of paint should i use

post-8665-127822536426_thumb.jpg

post-8665-127822537744_thumb.jpg

post-8665-127822540134_thumb.jpg

post-8665-127822541102_thumb.jpg

post-8665-127822542388_thumb.jpg

post-8665-127822543741_thumb.jpg

Edited by dat111

Norglas Marinecoat or International Brightside-both are easy to use with a roller and brush and very durable-just do the prep properly,check the international website for a lot of information.Looks like that would be easy to put on a box trailer,then you could use it for both,if you don't need a box trailer just hunt up a small boat trailer on the web.

Cheers,

Dave.

took her to a fireglass place yesterday and they said she doesnt have a floor in her so we have to bulid one. its gunna cost about 80 bucks no biggie, sill havent found a trailer yet, any feedback is appraschited(sp)

post-8665-127836645293_thumb.jpg

post-8665-127836647197_thumb.jpg

post-8665-127836648203_thumb.jpg

could somebody tell how to fibreglass as the bottom of my boat doesnt have a floor:S

got told that you paint ur expoxy on and then lay your coth down and then paint over it with it with epoxy

the picture of the fibreglassing is from on the right it was making the side of the boat very weak so we glassed it and hopefully it works

the seat and the floor was made by my cousin whos a cabitnet maker theres about another 6 holes we need to patch up.

the floor and seat needs some marine carpet anybody know were i can get it?

how does everybody think its coming along?

any feedback in appraited

post-8665-127848564207_thumb.jpg

post-8665-127848569803_thumb.jpg

post-8665-127848574988_thumb.jpg

Hey mate - I'm not an expert, but should you have water proofed the timbers before you put them in? as its going to be hard to protect them even after you glass it in

by the way - you are doing a bang up job so far well done :thumbup:

Edited by Dusky

thanks heaps dusky.

she was a heap of junk shes coming along smoothly its a benefit of having a family in the industies, the seat and the floor is floating they wont be glued,nailed or anything but maybe chuck some carpet on her.

i love this site people are very insertiang(sp) lots of good knowlege on this site,

Edited by dat111

Good idea on keeping the seating unfixed. unless you are going to do it properly, the way you have done it is ideal as you can always easily replace it should that be required. keep the updates coming.

Cheers

Mick

my cousin has a V139 some kind of boat but im gunna bring it home and do it up its VERY solid boat after im done with my little tinny im gunna do that boat up:) ill post some pictures maybe somebody will be able to help me with the iderfaction of the boat i suspect shes a haines hunter

Mate I can help you out with this stuff , where to get it and how it all works as I manage a company that provides the materials .

Brightside is no longer available but there is a replacement it is called toplac , and comes in 750ml and 1.5L cans and would be a great topcoat

Pre coat would be the undercoat you apply first and comes in 1L cans .

The timber needs to be sealed with everdure , which is a timber primer and sealer , for you to get the best results .

If you put some resin on the surface you are about to glass over it helps keep the cloth from moving around and speeds up the wetting out process with your glass , chop strand matt would do the job , but if you want something stronger use quad axle or double bias.[ they are woven cloths ] also make sure the glass is totally wet , you don't want any dry spots .

Filling or fairing, and gluing paste is easy to make just by adding filler powder or glue powder to your epoxy .

Let me know if you get stuck and I should be able to help you out.

Good luck with your project mate .

thinking of selling the boat once finished and then buy the boat on this trailer that im looking at ill post some pictures of both but the trailer isnt regoed but he has the rego papers for it.

250 for the trailer

and 400 for the boat

post-8665-127874250857_thumb.jpg

post-8665-12787425222_thumb.jpg

post-8665-127874253545_thumb.jpg

post-8665-12787425532_thumb.jpg

If it's less than 3 months out of rego it should be OK unless they won't transfer an unregistered trailer-that might be a hiccup-at most you'll need an inspection slip,bill of sale and I think a weighbridge certificate.Looks like a good find,even if you need new springs and bearings.

Cheers,

Dave.

hey dave just noticed your from north gosford im from woy woy.

we have the weight of her from the old rego she doesnt come with plates but did have them the owner said he 'misplaced them' dosent matter just get some new plates i spouse. springs and bearings are fine just gotta rig up the lights,might make her look pretty with some LED's after she gets regoed,

If its been out of rego for more than 3 months then you will need a blue slip, they may also ask for a weigh bridge ticket, not hard, just drop boat on front yard and take to a public weighbridge, then have it blue slip inspected,better off anyway as other wise you will loose the time its been out of rego as the rta back date it till it ran out.