A Nice Day On The Harbour

Brooker435

Afternoon Raiders,

After a long week in the office I made plans with one of my Collegues to take the Boat out for a Spin and hopefully get ino a few. The Plan was for him to meet me at Home at 10 to 7 so we could get out there on a reasonable tide and fish the Runout.

Anyway got a message at around 6:30am saying that he cant make it :ranting2: I had everything set up ready to go bought the Bait and everything else required.

So I went sat down had some brekky and contemplated what my options were made a few calls no takers last minute is not always good even Fisher Doi was feeling a little under the weather so I thought stuff it ill go solo but was not feeling too confident.

It was now around 8am went to the servo and filled up then Johnny message's me "Have you Found Someone to Go Fishing With Yet?"

I immeadiatley rang him as I was 2 streets away from his home and said Ill be there in 5 mins Sweet I was feeling much better as I dont have a great deal of experience on the Boat so its always good to have someone with you plus I forgot rags which Johnny was happy to bring so more time saved :thumbup:

We got to the Boat Ramp around 9:30 checked everything and away we went Boat started First go Stone Cold very happy indeed.

We tried around Greenwich to start till about 12pm used Beach Worms, Pillies & Slimey Mack Fillets for no taker's apart from the Bite here and there and we were using Plastics also to cover all bases Johnny came up trumps around 11:30 with the first Fish of the day a healthy flattie around 38cms but decided to let him live to fight another day.

We persisted for a little while longer and decided to head back and have a flick near Gladesville with the same methods and hopefully get onto some better fish.

Johnny again scores another flattie of the same size and off he went also.

At this stage Johnny 2 Nathan 0

Not to worry not long after that I scored one of my own but the smallest one of the day not even of legal size but happy to be out on the water anyway.

Apart from the odd hit here and there on the baits for no hookups Johnny lands another flattie on plactic's you guessed it same size.

By now the Rain had started and I was feeling a little tired so we decided to call it quits.

Back at home by 4pm nice and relaxed ready to get out there and hopefully land a few more next weekend weather permitting :1fishing1:

Theres a few Flatties around at the moment hopefully we have a good season this year!!!!!

Also very happy with the Boat she did everything I wanted and nothing like a trouble free Day Hopefully I can keep this up!!!

Thanks Johnny for Coming along mate look forward to our next Adventure!!!!

:thumbup:

Regards,

Nathan

Good to see you getting out on the water with Fisher Doi, Nathan :thumbup: .. It's great to hear that the new boat has been performing well for you after the early hick ups ..As to Johnny Doi I've known Johnny before his Fishraider days and I must say he is as keen as mustard and a natural fisherman from way back...I'm glad you've teamed up with Johnny and I'll be looking forward to arranging to have that Hawkesbury session with you both in the near future...

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Cheers Byron Look forward to putting a face to the Name and learning from another Pro Angler,

I tell you what I have to agree that Johnny knows his stuff might learn a thing or 2 in our future adventures!!!

Regards,

Nathan

Cheers Lumpookey,

Now that I have confidence in the Boat and me as the Driver I can now focus on the Fish.

Hopefully Next weekend I get into some but Driving the Boat is just as fun Today I was looking forward to moving from spot to spot just to

Open up the outboard as once she gets going she is a pleasure to drive!!!!!

Regards,

Nathan

good on ya for persisting with your fishing venture today nothing beats a day out on the water with good company, fish or no fish still better than being at home doing bugger all. good to hear the boats doing you proud aswell.

cheers hamerz.

Cheers Mate,

I have to agree that just being on the water was enough for me.

As for the Boat pretty happy with her now hopefully I can start catching some fish on her but its only a matter of time,

Regards,

Nathan

Nice day out Nath and Johnny, shame about the fish sizes but at least you caught a couple. :1prop:

Good to hear the boat is going nicely Nath wont be long before the Jewies are in the esky.

Chat soon mate

Anthony

:)

Hopefully Anthony,

Dont worry Mate you'll get to go for a ride also,

Regards,

Nathan

thanx heaps for a top day on the water nath.i really enjoyed the day on your boat mate.im very impressed with the old girl,she performed flawlessly & is a very dry ride for a boat that sits that low to the water.shame the fishing front wasnt so great but like you said yesterday,it was great to just be out there.

hopefully our next session we'l land a couple keepers for a feed with hopefully a big stinky silver slab in the bag.im dying for a feed of fresh fish.i couldv kept those 3 just legals but i dont like keeping lizards under 40cms.chat soon mate

cheers johnny. :beersmile::thumbup: