Botany Bay Sunday 11/07/10

crazyboutfishing

After a bad start to the morning (left my boat keys at home!! Doh!!) we finally got in to the water at Kurnell by 08.00AM. Started by trolling the South Head, on the run out picked up a nice size Tailor (45CM) by the stairs on the rocks, coming back picked up a small Salmon (50CM), had another hit but lost itmad3.gif .

After about an hour trolling we decided to head over and join our friends at Trevally Alley. Anchored up and stayed for a while but after not much luck and loosing some tackle (and my friend having to cut his anchor free!!) we decided to head over to brighton and drift for Flat head.

Bit of a choppy ride over, fished for a while but only one flat head. Rain started so we considered throwing the towl in, but being the keen fisherman that we are, we decided to try the oil wharf on our return to Kurnell.

Glad we didnt throw in the towl as we got in to a school of Trevally, Only kept Three legal sized ones between four of us and the rest went back to live another day .

All in all a great day on the bay and as I am still pretty new to fishing a new personal record for methumbup.gif !!

Sounds like an interesting day crazy. Bit of everything well done. In case people are wondering, Domtrim's comments are an "in joke" whioch may be revealed in later posts as we are all new to this posting caper.

Edited by Rubber

Well done. You did better than most getting the Travelli on Sunday because you didn't give up thumbup.gif

Welcome to all the newer members 1welcomeani.gif Fill us in on the joke.

Thanks mate.

Well...........074.gif being new to fishing (just under a year now), when I first started I decided to try a bit of fishing in port hacking with my NZ mate. We didnt have much luck for a while but then we found a spot which at the time we thought was good, kept pulling in these fish, my NZ mate informed me that they were Leather Jackets. I decided to keep one to try..... I bet you can all see where this story is going......wacko.gif . Got home put the fish in the fridge but as I was not too sure what it was I decided to show the guys at work a picture Rubber and Domtrim included........ And yes you guessed it, it was a Toad Fishyahoo.gif074.gif

Let's just say after that I went out got myself a book on Australian fish and put a sticker in my boat with the types of fish and bag limits etc.

Oh and I forgot to mention me being a pom didn't help with my lack of Knowledge to Aussie fish!!!

Thanks mate.

Well...........074.gif being new to fishing (just under a year now), when I first started I decided to try a bit of fishing in port hacking with my NZ mate. We didnt have much luck for a while but then we found a spot which at the time we thought was good, kept pulling in these fish, my NZ mate informed me that they were Leather Jackets. I decided to keep one to try..... I bet you can all see where this story is going......wacko.gif . Got home put the fish in the fridge but as I was not too sure what it was I decided to show the guys at work a picture Rubber and Domtrim included........ And yes you guessed it, it was a Toad Fishyahoo.gif074.gif

Let's just say after that I went out got myself a book on Australian fish and put a sticker in my boat with the types of fish and bag limits etc.

Oh and I forgot to mention me being a pom didn't help with my lack of Knowledge to Aussie fish!!!

:074::074::074: I'm glad this story had a happy ending.