In Need Of Advice

fishhntr

hey raiders

look just wondering if any1 can give me any details on a good land based spot to use small poppers for bream, salmon, whiting and flathead

as i am looking to teach myself and i cant seem to find anywhere suitable

any advice would be appreciated

hey raiders

look just wondering if any1 can give me any details on a good land based spot to use small poppers for bream, salmon, whiting and flathead

as i am looking to teach myself and i cant seem to find anywhere suitable

any advice would be appreciated

The flats at Bundeena are a good spot for flicking poppers,but the fish are not on the poppers atm.

When the water warms up again they will begin surface hunting again.

Cheers Swordfisherman

GDay mate

It's a tough time of the year for surface lure work. It is more productive in the warmer months, when water temp reaches 20+ degrees, so don't be disillusioned if it is not real productive at the moment. Generally speaking, bream, whiting and flathead can be found lurking over shallow sand bars, weedbeds, oyster leases, moored boats or lurking amongst timber. As a general rule, walk your pencils during periods of low wind, and bloop your poppers when the wind picks up. Practice with both as they require different techniques. I'm sure a lot of members can provide you with specific locations for you to have a crack at. Be warned though ... it's addictive! :biggrin2:

Cheers

Hodgey

Save yourself a lot of pain and wait for a couple months , practice your plastics , blades and hardbodys , quality fish are around in winter . .

October as Iceman said ..wait till then and then your in with a good chance of some surface success :sun: .

No use in flogging a dead horse . :horse:

• 2 weeks later...