Brissie Waters Winter Fishing

bisso

Hi Raiders,

Tomorrow (Sunday) finally looks like a reasonable day to get the covers off the boat and head out with the kids.

Given that we havent been out for a few months, i was wondering what other Raiders think we should be targeting and where to find them. (Getting sick of eating steak for dinner every night)!!!

If anyone can give a few pointers that would be great as i have become a bit older and rusty on winter fishing in Brisbane water.

Thanks in advance...

Cheers

Mick :thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by bisso

Hi Raiders,

Tomorrow (Sunday) finally looks like a reasonable day to get the covers off the boat and head out with the kids.

Given that we havent been out for a few months, i was wondering what other Raiders think we should be targeting and where to find them. (Getting sick of eating steak for dinner every night)!!!

If anyone can give a few pointers that would be great as i have become a bit older and rusty on winter fishing in Brisbane water.

Thanks in advance...

Cheers

Just the obvious,oyster leases for Bream,sand flats whiting,drop off's/weed beds Flatheads.Good luck.

Was out today (not fishing, boat testing) and the water was beautiful and crystal clear. Almost wanted to jump in until I saw the 14C water temp on the gauge!

C

Chris,

Thats what i thought!!! trying to cacth frozen fish!!! water looks good and if its too clear then usually not a bite..

Thanks guys for your posts. we'll see what we come up with and post anything worthwhile hereon...

Cheers

Mick :thumbup:

Well we braved it and not to be dissapointed.. the water was a chiily 12deg!!!!! managed to hit 13deg at the Rip but even tha was too cold for the fish to get interested, not to mention the running current and the masses of seaweed as well. It was at least nice out on the water which is always nice and calm for this time of year. Got a bit chilly around 3pm so we called it a day.. No fish, not even the pickers were interested, but the kids had fun catching crabs at the beach.. cant wait till the water warms up again...

Cheers