Harbour Blackfish Afternoon

Pafisho08

HI All,

My son James & I went to a spot in the harbour on Tuesday arvo for first time & even though the tide was wrong we managed to hook on to a few good fish (30-45)cm size .

We will be back again with the tide in our favor soon for some more exciting action.

Below is the first of many caught from this excellent spot :thumbup:

Regards Bob.

post-7482-127978563543_thumb.jpg

Good on ya bob its a good spot 1fishing1.gif I have recently started myself since the last social which was cancelled but i still went in anyway because i was to excited. And i havn`t looked back I love the Blackfish and by the looks of it you do to thumbup.gif

Cheers

Nice blackfish :thumbup: , How deep were you fishing and how far out?

I hear run up is best for blackfish?

I have tried 4 sesions at that spot and only got one down. Maybe its the weed im using :wacko:

Appreciate any help

Thanks Harry

Great catch guys - the harbour is alive with the blackies at the moment

Royce and I were lucky enough to get that place to ourselves a few months back

Royce - I am still heading over your way before you get back for good

over and out

gav

That spot looks familiar and have fished it on numerous occasions and caught plenty of fish at times but unfortunately it has become too popular and on every occasion recently that I have ventured there the ledge is always booked out.A good result anyway Bob but the secret is out of the bag.Like Royce said years ago you would see no one for the entire winter down there.

Cheers Steve

As Marley pointed out we had the spot to ourselves and it produced in summer! who was silly enought to let the cat out of the bag thankfully I got enough secrets! Marley knows em if you want to kidnap and extort them from him! :biggrin2: Oh Gav hurry up the Taupo region is going nuts 6.3kg brown from the Hydro pool was taken by an angler 2 weeks ago awesome fish!