Bream Stick

tangled1

My budget has suddenly increased and the dilemma of choosing a rod is making me even balder (yeah yeah :thumbup: ). I will be pairing it up with a daiwa certate 2000 and want to use it for flicking everything from plastics to blades and everything in between. (if there is such a rod)

$450 max is the limit and any feedback and expertise to help point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. I do understand that everyones opinion will differ but it all helps.

Cheers tangled1

:biggrin2:

I use a slightly shorter rod for fishing blades/vibes 6'10 and for plastics and small hard bodys i use a 7'2

Both are 2-4kg sticks and are berkley dropshots IM6. Value for money and build quality cant really go past them, prices start at around $100 then go right through to $230-$280 for top of the range. It might be just me but i cant justify spending $450 on a rod, i spend my $$$$ on the reel and braid.

Just remember to take your reel and line with you and load the rods up you wont to look at, this way you can get a feel for the power in the butt section of various rods.

Good luck anyhow's, like you said evryone going to have there own opinions

Mick

My budget has suddenly increased and the dilemma of choosing a rod is making me even balder (yeah yeah :thumbup: ). I will be pairing it up with a daiwa certate 2000 and want to use it for flicking everything from plastics to blades and everything in between. (if there is such a rod)

$450 max is the limit and any feedback and expertise to help point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. I do understand that everyones opinion will differ but it all helps.

Cheers tangled1

:biggrin2:

Nitro PowerBream 7" 1-3kg. Sorted.

Musty

I'm like Mick, I can't justify spending too much on a rod, I've got 4 pflueger president series 7 footers from 1-3 up and they are great value from RRP $199, I've seen specials as low as $149. I've got a $500 Loomis that snapped and I'll never pay that much again for a light rod. Reel.... yes spend!

Mick

G'day Tangled,

It might just make it easier for you to maybe have a short list of possibles, which would all do the job brilliantly and then just go with with whichever one you lusted after most regardless of why.

Nitro Powerbream or Vapor 1-3kg

Lox 1-3kg

Daiwa Sol 2-8lb

Shimano T-Curve 1-3kg, 2-4kg or 2-5kg

Pflueger Trion 7' 1-3kg or 2-4kg

Pick the one you think your reel looks best on. There are performance and characteristic differences but they're all marginal and mostly just down to personal preference.

For what it's worth I own 7 T-Curve, 4 Lox, 2 Nitro and 1 Sol rod in various styles and the only reason I don't have a Trion is I haven't yet found one of the model I've been after for a while. While I have favourites, I wouldn't give any of them away.

Cheers, Slinky

What you really need to do is take your reel to a good tackle shop and try it on different rods and pick the one you feel most comfortable with

A good example of fishing styles is me I fish with a couple of custom rods that are fast taper but a little stiffer than most but I fish a light drag and my teammate fishs with rods that have a softer tip and uses a heavier drag Two completely different styles but both effective and we are both very comfortable with our outfits but get uncomfortable if we swap outfits

Totally agree with Slinky!

I have rods that are 30 years old, and I wouildn't give any of them away!

choose from his list and you cant go wrong.

My personal fave for LT lure chucking is my TCurve 1-3, use it with fireblood 1000 (4lb) and fireblood 2500 (6lb)

Loving it, I wonder how easy it will be to replace the grip as its nearly always in my hand.

Cheers

Chris

Nitro PowerBream 7" 1-3kg. Sorted.

Musty

I'd second that, i've got the same combo of a powerbream with a certate most awesome bream combo i've owned. I've tried my lox yoshi on it and i'm finding it too tip heavy with the certate