Fishing Trip Advice

kingfishercam

Hi there raiders.

I have always wanted to do a few days away on hollidays JUST FISHING.

I have decided to bite the bullet and look at organising a few days or maybe a week away with my bro in law and the aim is to catch BIG FISH!!!!!!

I have narrowed it down to either a trip up darwin for barra and gts ,spanish etc or some hot kingfish action in new zealand.

My problem is i havnt been and dont know anyone thats done both or either and would love any advice to which would suit us as far as best time of year and would love any recommendations of tour guides or charter boats.

Id say roughly if we can getaway with about 2- 2500 bucks each to cover accomidation and fishing wed be happy (we dont need 5 star sleeping but want 5 star fishing hahaah).

hoping either this november or next febuary as rough times that are good for me.

Please any tips let me know.

much appreciated .cam.

If anyone else might be keen to head away for this trip is welcome to let me know as numbers may also be good in covering costs

Hey cam recently just did a Trip to Weipa-Cape York Peninsula, the time your intersested in are great times for fishing up north. November is great and is before the monsoonal activity,feb is smack bang in the middle of the wet season. Ive been told the fishing up there during the wet season-run off is completly off the hook.

We did our trip with weipa houseboats, check them out on the net or give them a buzz.(Speak to steve)

Our trip was 10 days, 4 days poking around town and talking to locals then 6 days on the house boat.

All up for 9 of us the trip came in at $2800 each. That is return airfares from sydney to weipa,accomadation at weipa caravan park(4 DAYS),food,ridiculous amount of beer(30 cases),houseboat cost,fuel(700LITRES). You could do it alot cheaper that we did it, we went a little crazy.

The only problem you might have with the time you wont is vacancies, but have a chat to steve and see what is on offer.

I put a post up of our trip in the lure fishing reports called Windy Weipa, check out some of the action we got into and that suppose to be the quite part of the year up there.

Goodluck anyhow's in where ever you choose.

Mick

Hi mate

for that kind of money i would be heading to corramandle in n.z you could stay a month and still have change.live baiting for kings off the rocks with sambo's but be warned there almost unstoppable

Seisia in cape york. There is a campsite there for $25 a night and people catch barra, gts, etc off the bloody jetty because theres too many fish. They catch there livies which live under the jetty and just chuck it out and they are into the fish.I know when I get the chance I am back there as I now have the gear to fish there. Also the scenery is second to none and there is plenty to see and do. There are also guides out there. There is one in Punsand Bay called bat and he gets big fish. Fly to Cairns and hire a 4WD and drive there. It is worth it.

Cheers Andrew.

I suggest you look at going to Darwin for your first adventure and book one of the many charters available.

There is plenty of good fishing out of Darwin and not too far to travel off shore. Plenty of hire boats if you want to go it alone.

One reason I say Darwin is it is easy to get too. Just one plane trip. In regards to taking your tackle you can send it ahead by

Courier and take as much as you want and the same coming home.Less clothing to pack as life style is very simple with plenty to do socially.

Where ever you choose to go T suggest you send your tackle ahead of you by a trusted courier. IMO it reduces the chance of your tackle going astray and you can take a lot more. It takes a lot of worry out of your travel and you can move more freely.

For your first of many keep it simple as you will be bitten by the greatness of the trip.