Jbs2

terryjbsmartin

This is "JBS2" my Quinny 540 Coastrunner, Etech 115 pushes it along very nicely, great on fuel goes like the clappers and very reliable.

Fitted with Lowrance gps and sounder,love the rig and the versatility, the boss loves it too god bless her cotton socks.

Rule no1 keep boat clean and the misses will use it as well (No Fishy mess), do plenty of trips round the harbour and new years eve, great all round boat.

Hope to see you on the water say good day. :thumbup:

post-9414-127994299469_thumb.jpg

Hi Mate, nice rig and it would be quick with that engine on the rear-good thing though is you would cruise at about 3500RPM so she is not even working then.

Cheers,

Huey.

Huey,

She hits 36kn on good water, you are spot on usually I cruise at about 3200 - 3500rpms gets me around 22kn nicely trimmed, conditions permitting of course.

I have found that the etech is far more economical than my previous rig that had a Johnson 115 two stroke (not direct injected.)

Shes A Beauty!!!

Just wondering though about the Bilmi was that with the Boat or did you purchase that separately?

I have one on my Boat but your's sits up nice and high and you have rocket launchers on it also that's a great idea keeps the rods right out of the way

Now I have something to spend my Tax return on!!!!!

Regards,

Nathan

Shes A Beauty!!!

Just wondering though about the Bilmi was that with the Boat or did you purchase that separately?

I have one on my Boat but your's sits up nice and high and you have rocket launchers on it also that's a great idea keeps the rods right out of the way

Now I have something to spend my Tax return on!!!!!

Regards,

Nathan

Nathan,

I purchased the boat when it was 11months old, I was told by the owner that it had been set up for display at the boat show, I can tell you that it was originaly purchased from Hunts Marine maybe they can help if Huey can't :1fishing1:

It is very handy to have the rocket launcher set up. When the canopy is fitted with the clears it does provide a very comfortable cabin like enviroment when mother nature gets a bit nasty. :1badmood:

Hi Nathan, any good canopy trimmer could do this to any boat and our guy does this all the time. PM me if you would like details or ring around a few guys, just be careful though because there are some bad trimmers out there.

Cheers,

Huey.

Nice mate, Ive got the 455 coast runner, great for the family and a little outside with a mate or two.

Cheers

Danny

Danny,

Agree mate, sold a Coxcraft Rumrunner2 to buy this one, rumrunner great boat huge cabin but not as versatile as the coastrunner, hope you and the family enjoy.

See ya around :thumbup:

Hi mate,

Thats a nice looking rig. Would you be able to take something like that out to the 12mile or peak? and how would it handle out there if you do?

I think it looks like a very good alternative to a half cabin.

Hi mate,

Thats a nice looking rig. Would you be able to take something like that out to the 12mile or peak? and how would it handle out there if you do?

I think it looks like a very good alternative to a half cabin.

Dangas,

I often run out to the peak and the fads, like any boat they are all small once you roll them of the trailer and drop them in the drink.

The Coastrunner runs very well tilt and speed adjusted to suite conditions she also has a very nice beam and sits very well at rest.

I have all the safety equipment as required by law and some that just makes good sense.

Something like "JBS2" is more than capable of running out to the 12 mile and alike providing safety remains your 1st prioity, I have seen many fisho's throw caution to the wind in search of "good grounds". :thumbdown:

Ensure the engine and batteries are reliable, there are plenty of boats at the marks but quite often you will be a small dot on the ocean between destinations. :1fishing1: