Unusual Screw Head - Unknown Removal Tool

Hello everyone,

Hope someone can help me solve this issue. I'm wanting to remove the handle off my avet as I've just received a new offset t-bar replacement. The screw which holds the handle stem to the handle arm is one I've never come across before. It looks like a torx bit, yet it had 8 "points" instead of the 6 which a torx bit has. Also they are curved more then the torx bit, which is more of a star shape. Have searched the net high and low for no result, and looked in various tool shops for a similar looking bit with no luck. Avet and black magic will not respond to any of my emails either. I possibly could use a square bit which will grip every second point, but as they are curved I'm afraid of wrecking the point. The other option I had was to carve a slot into it wil my dremel so I can use a screw driver in it.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Daniel

Do your yourself a favor pop into dicksmith tomorrow. I think I know the bit you need and you will find it in this set. I brought one a few years back and it was the best $30 ive spent. Has all the weird screw bits you will ever need.:-)

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/4c4d4203001cbc26273fc0a87e0105fa/Product/View/T4513

Edited by EGO