Kingfish Poppers?

A.dawg

Planning on starting a collection off kingfish poppers and want to get 4-5 2morro to kick the collection off and giv them a go... I know they arnt really on the surface in the winter but i wanna giv it a go

done some serious googling and the onli 2 that hav come up are Halco roosta poppers (dont know what size is best)

and River2sea Dumbells. Some people say go r2s dont touch the roosta poppers as they skip across the surface and dont pop properly and others say dont touch river2sea as they fall apart.

Any other Brands to hav in tthe collection??

Thanks alan

If you dont mind paying a bit more for your poppers have a look at the nomad range of poppers and larger stickbaits their worth their wait in gold.oh and also have a look at coton cordell lures they have been around for ever and are made tuff

Edited by kingfisher84

Thanks kingfisher will definately hav a look :biggrin2:

Sorry forgot to add: i fish estauries only and will be casting poppers from land or kayak

so im not really targetting onli metre plus kings want something like roosta pop 80 or 105 so i can get rats and legals for fun as well

Thanks for the replies got myself 2 105 roosta poppers today in pilchard and red head

The 80's look a bit small for kingies and were like 5 bucks more than 105 so wasnt sure to get 1 or not...

ive used this kokoda cupface popper in hacking and caught some good kings also outside when they are smashing bait on the surface close to the rocks, ive trolled with it to and caught bonito salmon tailor,

here a pic comes in a few colours,

if u want to know were they sell im i'll pm u

post-10665-128063277446_thumb.jpg

ive used this kokoda cupface popper in hacking and caught some good kings also outside when they are smashing bait on the surface close to the rocks, ive trolled with it to and caught bonito salmon tailor,

here a pic comes in a few colours,

if u want to know were they sell im i'll pm u

Thanks I'll check em out saw them at a tackle shop yesterday

where are you gonna be fishing bouts? I've just started a collection too and cant wait to score a fish on one. Im land based too and new to sydney. Last additions to my surface lures are a coulple of the yozuri sashimi pencils... Bit pricey though but seem to swim really well... Just need to see something start following.

• 1 month later...