Bit Slow At Botany Bay 01/08/10

crazyboutfishing

Woke up at 5.30AM heard the rain, checked the net for weather report, said it would clear up so called my mate to check he was still keen, he was so out came my wet weather gear and off we went.

Got the boat in just before 07.00AM at Kurnell, headed over to the heads to do some trolling and test some of my new Luresbiggrin2.gif. Trolling the south head for about 30 minuets and nothing seemed to show up on the fish finder, then all of a sudden there was heaps of fish showing and before we knew it we had hooked a Bonito. Decided to Troll for a while longer, after 2 hours we managed to pull in 4 Bonito, even got a double hook up which is always fun!! Didint seem to be any salmon or tailor about this time.

Headed over to trevally alley and to our suprise we was the only boat there! Allthough it soon become obvoius why we was the only boat there as we didnt seem to get any bits, not even a nibblethumbdown.gif .

Weather seemed to turn for a short while but as we could see the sun shining from behind the dark clouds, we decided to stick it out. We headed over to Watts Reef, my friend hooked a Rock Cod and I got a few baby octopus, threw them all back and headed back over to the south head.

Anchored up by the stairs on the south head, 1 hour later and only one Trevally we decided to try around the oil wharf and see if we could have any luck there. Found a spot and anchored up, got stuck into some bream, all nice healthy looking fish but all just under size so back in they went. decided to stay there and see if we could hook some nice oversized ones but as my anchor was not holding and we kept driffting too close to the wharf we had to move sad.gif .

Had one more drift around the area for a short while then by 2PM we decided that we would head in.

So all in all a bit of a slow day sad.gif but the weather turned out nice and we came home with a feed so guess it wasn't all that bad biggrin2.gif .

post-15027-128071256266_thumb.jpg

post-15027-128071257995_thumb.jpg

post-15027-128071260039_thumb.jpg

Edited by crazyboutfishing