Fiji Fishing

kingky

I have been here in Fiji for the last 2 weeks and went out on a game fishing boat recently supplied by the Octopus Resort, the place in which we stayed for a week. Sick of catching the small stuff around sydney i ended up between 3 of us catching 8 fish in 2hrs. The biggest was a spanish mackerel aka walu, which was about 1 1/2 metres. Our catch ranged from bout a minimum half metre. Spanish mackerel, tuna, bonitos and few other reef fish. One of the fish i was reeling in was attacked by a shark so i ended up with only half of it! My uncle was reeling one in when it was grabbed by a sail fish which was the highlight of the day just seeing it flying through the air was amazing! Unfortunately it snapped the line but was a true experience. Our boat was only a fairly small local resort boat but did the job and their gear looked like it needed a bit of tlc but it didnt let us down. The water was so clear and the conditions were fantastic. I now know what u guys mean when u describe reels screaming!! For the 2hrs it only cost a total of $150FJ for the 3 of us. We did however manage to lose 3 of their lures as well. The friendly locals even prepared the catch for us. Fishing definately a must when visiting Fiji!

post-256-128134175785_thumb.jpg

post-256-128134176428_thumb.jpg

post-256-128134177017_thumb.jpg

post-256-128134177859_thumb.jpg

post-256-128134178606_thumb.jpg

Regards Kingky

I have been here in Fiji for the last 2 weeks and went out on a game fishing boat recently supplied by the Octopus Resort, the place in which we stayed for a week. Sick of catching the small stuff around sydney i ended up between 3 of us catching 8 fish in 2hrs. The biggest was a spanish mackerel aka walu, which was about 1 1/2 metres. Our catch ranged from bout a minimum half metre. Spanish mackerel, tuna, bonitos and few other reef fish. One of the fish i was reeling in was attacked by a shark so i ended up with only half of it! My uncle was reeling one in when it was grabbed by a sail fish which was the highlight of the day just seeing it flying through the air was amazing! Unfortunately it snapped the line but was a true experience. Our boat was only a fairly small local resort boat but did the job and their gear looked like it needed a bit of tlc but it didnt let us down. The water was so clear and the conditions were fantastic. I now know what u guys mean when u describe reels screaming!! For the 2hrs it only cost a total of $150FJ for the 3 of us. We did however manage to lose 3 of their lures as well. The friendly locals even prepared the catch for us. Fishing definately a must when visiting Fiji!

hey jase.... good to hear you're getting some fishing done... make sure you dont drink to much of the kava... hahahaha