Fiberglass Or Aluminium Boat

hayden_229

fiberglass or aluminium boat  

44 members have voted

1. 1. do you prefer fiberglass or aluminium boat 4-6m

• fiberglass
    • aluminium

just interested in what boats you like because looking at buying a new one soon

hi hayden i have had both over the years aluminium easy to tow but i believe fiberglass is beter in the ocean thats only my opinion try before you buy good luck ray the bull

What about plastic?

i used one for 3 day 2 years ago in weipa n.t. [hire boat] did not have to tow it far but it towed ok on the water inside and outside it performed ok it was a polly craft it had lots of scars on it from trees and bait cutting the dirt in these scratches made it look bad but you may get that with a hire boat not my choice of boat ray the bull

interesting topic i have both aluminium and a fibreglass boat i personally like the aluminium to fish inside the bays and around the heads as its only 4.5m and like the fibreglass for outside smoother ride being 25ft. I feel that the ally boats can get in close to the rocks and not have to worry so much about brushing into rocks or piers & i find its easier to put on the trailer. i guess it comes down to what sort of fishing u do most of the offshore guys will preffer the fibreglass

i'll eventually upgrade to a 6.5m plate boat as its perfect for allrounder for the fishing i do,

just bought a new aquamaster centre console excellent boat :thumbup: after owning a 6mtr glass boat 2004 model bought that new aswell . i liked the glass boats ride but lost to much space being half cab very heavy when towing lot more work keeping looking good ie polishing waxing getting fish guts off

aluminium boat easier to tow more economical more fishing space easier to clean dont have to worry about it when putting up on a beach and its quite quiet aswell i was a bit worried when i bougt it that it was going to be noisy very impressed with the new boat